PNC Direct Connect behavior

Options
I have experienced, as many other, have online difficulties connecting with PNC. It ultimately led me to just download my transactions from the PNC website and import into Quicken. After a few weeks i deleted online access from all three accounts in Quicken. Following this I went through setup to restart Direct Connect with PNC; I was a bit surprised that the login was my SS# and the password was my regular banking PIN. But these settings seem to work. What i don't understand is that i am required to enter the PIN for each and every download ('save' is greyed out) and there is no indication whether the download was successful unless it downloads a posted new transaction. There is no indication in the One Step Update Summary that the query was successful, or the number of new transactions downloaded. The only indication is the red dot next to the account name in the Account List. This isn't how OSU used to work. I've reviewed to log files and note that each update finds an 'expected file not found' error message in the PNC transcript. HELP!!!

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Following this I went through setup to restart Direct Connect with PNC; I was a bit surprised that the login was my SS# and the password was my regular banking PIN. But these settings seem to work. 
    They may be "working", but as you've seen not as intended. Since you've (assuming) had DC with PNC in the past, you should have the user ID that PNC sent you previously. That is what you should be using.

If you have not had DC in the past, you need to request a user ID from PNC for either a checking account or savings. PNC does not offer DC for credit cards, only EWC.
  • Michael Preston
    Options
    Tinkered again and deleted Direct Connect for all three accounts. Via 'add account' went thru Quicken online setup to find PNC - Web connect and restart 'express web connect' settings for these three accounts. This was successful in that new transactions are downloaded and the accounts are flagged for any downloaded transactions. I can also look at the downloaded transaction tab at the bottom to find the date of the last download. But there is no evidence of the connection in log files, nor any note of the connection in the one step update pop-up. Hate to complain with apparent success but i'm pretty sure that this isn't quite how it's supposed to work. Any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.