Export a specific range of data to Excel spreadsheet

Options
The Keeper
The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
Each month I want to export a specific range of Quicken data to an Excel spreadsheet, specifically, July 23, 2002, to August 22, 2022 however, there seems to be no option to specify the range. As a result, the export includes all data from January 2021 to August 22, 2022. I then have to delete all of the data in Excel from January 2021 to July 23, 2022. 

I have tried highlighting in Quicken the range I want to export and then performing the export to Excel but Quicken still exports all of the data in the file.

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @The Keeper ,

It sounds like you may be trying to create the report from the account register?  Is that a correct assumption?

If it is, I would suggest that you take a different approach, and instead us the "Reports" function.  It is much easier to craft a customized report from the "Reports" tab.

So, to create the report you seem to be looking for, please take these steps:
    1) From the home page > select the "Reports" tab > "Banking" > "Transaction"
    2) In the pop-up window - Click on the "Date Range" down-arrow > select "Custom" > in the pop-up window enter the correct dates > then click "OK";
    3) Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right > then click on each of the "Tabs" and specify the Accounts, Categories, Tags, etc. that you want to see in the report. 
    4) Once you've customized your report > select "OK".

This will produce a report that should work for you, but if you want to change it - simply go back to 2) (if it is a date issue) and/or 3) if it is one of the other customize items and change the selection.

At the end - i.e. when you've got the report that you want - don't forget to save the report with a customized name, so you can access it again for future time periods (you'll just need to modify the date range).

Let me know how that goes, or get back to me with any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @The Keeper,

Oh - the dreaded "split transaction" not showing in report problem...

Unfortunately "show split transactions" is not a feature that appears for reports (although I think it should be).  I think that the only way to show split transactions is to make a customized "transaction report". 

But all you need to do is - while you are in step 3) above  - simply check the "Show Splits" box (in the middle of the pop-up screen).

Hope this helps.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can do this via the Reports module.  example: Reports > Banking > Transaction > Date range: Custom dates... Enter your desired dates and then click on the Export icon near the top right of the report pop-up window
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @The Keeper ,

It sounds like you may be trying to create the report from the account register?  Is that a correct assumption?

If it is, I would suggest that you take a different approach, and instead us the "Reports" function.  It is much easier to craft a customized report from the "Reports" tab.

So, to create the report you seem to be looking for, please take these steps:
    1) From the home page > select the "Reports" tab > "Banking" > "Transaction"
    2) In the pop-up window - Click on the "Date Range" down-arrow > select "Custom" > in the pop-up window enter the correct dates > then click "OK";
    3) Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right > then click on each of the "Tabs" and specify the Accounts, Categories, Tags, etc. that you want to see in the report. 
    4) Once you've customized your report > select "OK".

This will produce a report that should work for you, but if you want to change it - simply go back to 2) (if it is a date issue) and/or 3) if it is one of the other customize items and change the selection.

At the end - i.e. when you've got the report that you want - don't forget to save the report with a customized name, so you can access it again for future time periods (you'll just need to modify the date range).

Let me know how that goes, or get back to me with any followup questions.

Frankx

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frankx..............Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I appreciate it so much.

I followed your steps and created the exact report I need but for one minor detail. On a split transaction, the report shows there is a split but it doesn't show the categories. I can double click the transaction in the report and it opens the transaction in the register where I can open the "split" and see the two categories, but is there a way to view that split from the report itself? 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @The Keeper,

Oh - the dreaded "split transaction" not showing in report problem...

Unfortunately "show split transactions" is not a feature that appears for reports (although I think it should be).  I think that the only way to show split transactions is to make a customized "transaction report". 

But all you need to do is - while you are in step 3) above  - simply check the "Show Splits" box (in the middle of the pop-up screen).

Hope this helps.

Frankx

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Franksx..........That works! Thanks again for taking the time to reply with easy-to-read instructions. I sincerely appreciate your help. Problem solved! Best Wishes
This discussion has been closed.