Chase - should we DEactivate the accounts before attempting reathorize & migration

Options
13»

Answers

• mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I'm stuck like everyone else with the Chase migration... I get prompted to reauthorize and, after providing the requested information, I get prompted with the screen to link my accounts.  The Chase credit card accounts are not available to link - and I am not going to create duplicates - so the only option I can choose is DON'T ADD. The next time I try to update all my accounts, I am asked to reauthorize again so I'm stuck in a loop.

The suggestion to manually erase account number and customer ID did not help.  The advice to just ignore the linking screen and assume everything was successfully relinked might work (I won't know until new charges post), but I am still getting the screen asking me to reauthorize.

Looks like Quicken blew this migration (again) -- going to just leave it alone and wait for Quicken to fix this .....
  • Granny Franny
    Options
    So last week after a monumental struggle I was able to do the migration on my chase checking and 2 credit card accounts. You’re right: deactivating was required, and I figured that out during my struggle. Now I have 2 remaining issues:
    1. Superfluous downloaded transactions: transactions from months ago that have already been reconciled. Interestingly enough, they (the downloaded but not yet accepted/deleted transactions) disappeared from my credit card account after reconciliation. Haven’t downloaded since, so not sure whether the issue is partially solved or not.
    2. Stuck overdue QuickPay bill payments for the credit cards. I want to edit/delete these as I now pay directly on the Chase website (ugh!) but when I click on edit nothing happens.

Overall, this migration has been an-only-partially mitigated disaster.
This discussion has been closed.