Synchrony Bank Credit Cards CC-503 error

Options
thorn5
thorn5 Member ✭✭✭
Is anyone else experiencing this bogus error?  This just happened this morning after clicking on "Click here to find out more and get set up" link located on the Online Services tab.  Checked my password 3 times.  It was entered correctly.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thorn5 said:
    Is anyone else experiencing this bogus error?  This just happened this morning after clicking on "Click here to find out more and get set up" link located on the Online Services tab.  Checked my password 3 times.  It was entered correctly.
    Hello @thorn5

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the CC-503 error message. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Just so I am clear: when you mention that the error is 'bogus' does this mean that the accounts are updating successfully even though the message appears? Also, have you already followed the steps provided in this Support Article, in order? Specifically, those listed below:

Step One: Verify your bank login information

1. Type your password/PIN into a text application, such as Notepad, WordPad, or other text/word application. 

Note: This is a way of confirming you don't have typographical errors in this field.  

1. Highlight the "confirmed" password and then copy it (Ctrl + C) and paste it (Ctrl + V) into the appropriate fields in Quicken.

Step Two: Verify your bank login at the bank's website

1. Go to your bank's website and use your credentials to log in to the bank's website.
    2. Confirm that you're able to log in to the bank's website with the expected username and password.

Please note, Quicken has a 16-character limit for bank passwords. If your bank password is longer than 16 characters, it will need to be shortened.

Step Three: Update your password(s) in Quicken

1. Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Delete Password for the account.
    4. Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
    5. Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
    6. Click Update Now.

If the login ID or username also needs to be changed:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
    I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    By "bogus", I meant that the error message is bogus.  My user name and password were entered correctly, and the account is NOT updating.  
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Deactivated as you suggested, clicked on "Set up Now", entered my user name and password and got the same bogus error message.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    thorn5 said:
    Deactivated as you suggested, clicked on "Set up Now", entered my user name and password and got the same bogus error message.
    Hello @thorn5

I do apologize that this error message is continuing, and thank you for providing the additional clarification, as well as updates about the results of earlier troubleshooting recommendations.

Try saving another backup, then reactivating the accounts by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper menu at the top left-hand side of the Quicken screen. Next, be sure to LINK your accounts when prompted, rather than ADDING them. If this fails to resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the information contained in this link. They will be able to troubleshoot this issue in greater detail.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That worked.  Thank you.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    thorn5 said:
    That worked.  Thank you.
    @thorn5

I am happy to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved. I really appreciate that you took the time to reach out again and let us know how things turned out; that is extremely helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.