Quicken Windows serially unresponsive

dc0063
dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
Windows subscription. progressively no longer able to keep a session to accept downloads or process payments [bank bill pay] because the system basically freezes while bouncing between windows-or bouncing between 32 bit/64 bit. One with a border, one without in the same space, none showing the windows tab/system bar . And when trying any keystroke, the Windows Unresponsive dialog box appears for an instant and then leaves.
In looking at the Task Manager, there are 4 instances of windows host process. The only way to stop is to manually End Process. Validation nor re-boot was useful. System- I7, 15Gb, Win10, internet.
Have others had this experience and have you found a solution?
thanks

Comments

• lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    Nearly same issues here.  Takes forever for initial launch is especially problematic.  Between 30-60 seconds!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    dc0063 said:
    Windows subscription. progressively no longer able to keep a session to accept downloads or process payments [bank bill pay] because the system basically freezes while bouncing between windows-or bouncing between 32 bit/64 bit. One with a border, one without in the same space, none showing the windows tab/system bar . And when trying any keystroke, the Windows Unresponsive dialog box appears for an instant and then leaves.
    In looking at the Task Manager, there are 4 instances of windows host process. The only way to stop is to manually End Process. Validation nor re-boot was useful. System- I7, 15Gb, Win10, internet.
    Have others had this experience and have you found a solution?
    thanks
    Hello @dc0063,    

I am sorry to hear about this problem with freezing and hanging. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Jared, thanks for the comment. I will follow the instructions shown and respond. It may be tomorrow before I'm able to complete.
    denis
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Jared, in chasing a problem with the current update, I've reverted back to the previous version 42.21 which was experiencing this issue. Currently, the reverted file is not showing the symptoms as yet. I will continue to use in normal fashion and return on Monday to close or add info.
    Thanks for your help here and in all other threads.
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Jared, this issue is no longer apparent. Symptoms were slow transition between accounts with fleeting display of subledger, then to instability. None of these exist following the reversion. Booting didn't help but something did.
    Closed
    thx, dc
  • Quicken Jared
    dc0063 said:
    Jared, this issue is no longer apparent. Symptoms were slow transition between accounts with fleeting display of subledger, then to instability. None of these exist following the reversion. Booting didn't help but something did.
    Closed
    thx, dc
    Hello @dc0063,   

I am glad to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved. I apologize that the exact steps to fixing this problem remain somewhat unclear, but I really appreciate that you took the chance to let all of us know how things turned out.

Feel free to reach out again anytime with additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Jared
    I spoke too soon. The scre3en freeze/flicker issue remains. Two consecutive fails, one on update, where I closed the program and then a second when moving to an account to manage new items - closed again. I recorded the screen actions of both; the second also includes task manager process page.
    If of interest, provide method of uploading. They are short mp4 files, 20 and 90 Mg.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited October 2022
    dc0063 said:
    Jared
    I spoke too soon. The scre3en freeze/flicker issue remains. Two consecutive fails, one on update, where I closed the program and then a second when moving to an account to manage new items - closed again. I recorded the screen actions of both; the second also includes task manager process page.
    If of interest, provide method of uploading. They are short mp4 files, 20 and 90 Mg.
    @dc0063

I am really sorry to hear about this situation re-emerging. Thank you for letting us know about this.

At this point, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support for additional assistance, using the link provided here. They will be able to provide the best path forward, given the unique troubleshooting tools and methods at their disposal.

I wish I had better news, but this would be the next option.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.