Help please: Quicken won't launch - Bad Image error message

dorothyknudson
dorothyknudson Member ✭✭
Tried to launch Quicken this morning and it just blinked and disappeared. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I moved my data file to my local C drive.

This was the first error:
C:\\Windows\SYSTEM32\USP10.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020

I also tried downloading a patch (QW27.1.43.14MPatch.EXE) from Quicken site but that did not work either.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This seems to indicate a problem with your installed Windows software. Google "Windows Error status 0xc0000020" for more information.

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Your system might have been infected with a virus or malware.  I suggest that you unplug your computer from the Internet and run a virus and malware checker.  Then from another device research the error and look for solutions.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• warrenbh
    warrenbh Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. Try to open the program and it goes part way through and then blinks off. After doing this several times, it finally opens and then may or may not stay stable. This happens both on my desktop and my laptop, both of which are regularly scanned for viruses and malware and come up clean. I strongly suspect a problem in a recent "upgrade" and am a bit miffed that these updates are destroying my ability to use the program.
  • dorothyknudson
    dorothyknudson Member ✭✭
    Attached is the error message.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This seems to indicate a problem with your installed Windows software. Google "Windows Error status 0xc0000020" for more information.
  • dorothyknudson
    dorothyknudson Member ✭✭
    @UKR Thank you! Had to run some repairs through command prompt and working now.
This discussion has been closed.