bank of america downloading no longer works

radarloafman
radarloafman Quicken Windows Subscription Member
I just updated quicken to the latest release. I can download Chase transactions but i can no longer download Bank of America transactions. I get an error: "quicken is unable to complete your request ol-221-a". it worked last week. please help. thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    Hello @radarloafman

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Bank of America account(s).

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-221-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kwc
    kwc Quicken Mac Subscription Member
    I'm having trouble with Bank of America too. I just set it up as an account and it supposedly downloaded transactions but it shows a balance of 0.00 with no transactions. I thought maybe I needed to link it directly from my Bank of America account and I checked with them online - they said they don't support linking to quicken, just to Quickbooks w a business account.
  • TomGilbert
    TomGilbert Member ✭✭
    Please see the emails from Quicken explaining the discontinuation of BofA Bill Pay through Quicken. That is why BofA is telling you they don't support Quicken.
  • BK
    BK Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Please see the emails from Quicken explaining the discontinuation of BofA Bill Pay through Quicken. That is why BofA is telling you they don't support Quicken.
    RE: That is why BofA is telling you they don't support Quicken.
    Nowhere anyone said that BofA does not support Quicken.  Please share that specific info if you have it.

The communication says that some time in the future the current DC & EWC connection methods will be discontinued and replaced by the new EWC+.  And that Quicken will inform bill pay users with more information when it becomes known and available.  Bill pay is an optional feature and is not tied to transaction downloads which is the topic of this post.
    All of this is in the future and therefore nothing has changed today.  I just downloaded successfully from BofA.  So hopefully Quicken support can help the few who are experiencing issues.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• hronen
    hronen Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭
    One step summary. How do I add email links and/or phone text messages to the drop-down screens to allow getting codes to download of account transactions.
This discussion has been closed.