Category list corrupted

Options
KlisterKid
KlisterKid Member ✭✭✭
I noticed six months ago that the category list had entries whose descriptions were a random mixture of text from another category and text from a transaction. I decided I had a corruption, so I proceeded to patch them all. I have run several validates that seem to approve of the chances; however, now the validate stops as it displays "checking zero categories". OK...I'll search for zero categories, but I've had categories with zero entries before and NOT experienced any issues.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have often seen Validate appear to stop, but it virtually always wakes up and finishes. Quicken's way of telling you to go grab a cold one. I would rather wait a long time than potentially corrupt the validation process itself.
    Is there anything interesting in your validation log?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have often seen Validate appear to stop, but it virtually always wakes up and finishes. Quicken's way of telling you to go grab a cold one. I would rather wait a long time than potentially corrupt the validation process itself.
    Is there anything interesting in your validation log?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.