Backup intermittently not working

Donald Bode
Donald Bode Member ✭✭
For months, the majority of uses, Quicken gives an error when I attempt a backup. I'm using R43.14. I see that all other references to problems with backup have been resolved, so I patiently waited for my Quicken to become reliable. Alas, it is not reliable, so I use "GoodSync" for my backups. I cannot figure out what is at fault. I have validated my database several times; no problems. Sometimes, if I log out without saving and return to Quicken it works. Other times it does not, and when it doesn't work, it begins by claiming that it cannot close a file. I get two more error-windows. I must go through all three error messages just to close Quicken (an unnecessary nuisance) and get to my third-party program to make a backup. I would have expected this problem that has continued for over 4 months to have been solved by now.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Donald Bode
    Donald Bode Member ✭✭
    The path is F:\All Quicken SHV\Quicken_2022_Main.QDF-backup (to an external 4TB hard drive)
    Yes, Quicken is included in my OneDrive. Is that the issue?
  • Donald Bode
    Donald Bode Member ✭✭
    Is OneDrive the cause of not being able to make a backup?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Quicken doesn't support having your active data file on a cloud drive.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.