Error Code OL-220-A Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct

Options
doc17
doc17 Member ✭✭
For past 5 days (since 8/25/2022) Have been unable to update Quicken accounts, Error OL-220-A, from Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct ; either through One step update OR directly from each quicken account.. I "reset" each of my accounts and still no change

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    doc17 said:
    For past 5 days (since 8/25/2022) Have been unable to update Quicken accounts, Error OL-220-A, from Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct ; either through One step update OR directly from each quicken account.. I "reset" each of my accounts and still no change
    Hello @doc17

I am sorry to hear about this OL-220-A error message affecting you. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box. Does 'Direct ;' here refer to Direct Connect? 

I look forward to your answer.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • doc17
    doc17 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using "Direct Connect" for each of the financial accounts at Ameriprise....PS Quicken For Windows Program version R43.14 Build 27.143.14....Could this be tied to recent August update ??
  • doc17
    doc17 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, I have a seperate account for my daughter, with Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct, "Direct Connect" and this account is updating
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    doc17 said:
    Also, I have a seperate account for my daughter, with Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct, "Direct Connect" and this account is updating
    Hello @doc17,   

Thanks so much for following up with me about this problem. I do apologize that this issue is continuing.

Typically, given the connection method, I would recommend reaching out to Ameriprise support, as the information would be provided through their services. Note that requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these personnel will have greater familiarity with third-party software, such as Quicken.

In this case, given that you know someone else who is updating successfully, it may help if you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Try adding your Ameriprise account in the test file by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. If you notice the error continuing, it would definitely be best to speak with Ameriprise support. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out anytime with additional questions, concerns, or updates. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Bill12
    Bill12 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having exactly the same issue -- details parallel those in the original concern
  • Jim29
    Jim29 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Identical problem for me.
  • Jim29
    Jim29 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Just called tech support at Ameriprise. They are aware and getting lots of calls on this issue. We can expect a fix in a day or two (Aug 30 or 31.)
  • dtice1
    dtice1 Member
    Options
    Tracking this same issue. Thanks to those who reported.
  • 1on1pt
    1on1pt Member
    Options
    Yes, the same issues here. Thanks to all that have reported. Looking for the resolution being implemented by Ameriprise in the next couple of days. :)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cookm716
    cookm716 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to successfully download from Ameriprise this morning (0850 EDT). First time since about the middle of August.
This discussion has been closed.