Authentication Issues - Virginia Credit Union (VACU)

Options
DDub
DDub Member ✭✭
While doing the One Step Update today, I was prompted to authenticate my accounts with Virginia Credit Union. A popup asked me to select a phone number or email address. I tried both options but never received a call or a text. What are the next steps to resolve this issue?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DDub said:
    While doing the One Step Update today, I was prompted to authenticate my accounts with Virginia Credit Union. A popup asked me to select a phone number or email address. I tried both options but never received a call or a text. What are the next steps to resolve this issue?
    Hello @DDub,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem with multi-factor authentication. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

To begin, have you been prompted - on your Virginia Credit Union online banking account - to enable third-party access for your online banking services? It may be necessary to search the menu options on the bank's website in order to allow permission for programs like Quicken to link with your online banking profile before you can connect successfully in Quicken. 

Also, is it possible that the phone number and email address provided for Quicken were different than those associated with your Quicken account? Could there also be a separate phone number or email address associated with your Virginia Credit Union, as well?

I hope to hear more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • DDub
    DDub Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

First, it appears that VACU has recently implemented multi-factor authentication on their website; they did not have it even a week or two ago. I have reviewed their website and do not see any content related to third party access. I have written them to call attention to the problem and see what information they might have.

Second, from all appearances, the email addresses and phone numbers are correct. Of course, parts of them are hidden behind asterisks so I cannot be certain.
This discussion has been closed.