Crash Report when starting Quicken

Options
2»

Answers

• vdot
    vdot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok, success again, sorta. It took me two attempts to get a clean installation and I learned a couple of things along the way.

a) During my first execution of the QCleanUI procedure, I missed the step where the two temp folders (windows\temp and appdata\local\temp) are cleared. Apparently this was the cause of the first failed attempt (I still could not open the last saved Qdata file with the newly installed Quicken, got the Crash Report error instead). In my second attempt. I cleared what I could in those two temp folder and the installation was successful (I could open my last saved Qdata file).

b) During the first attempt at a clean reinstall, CClean found about 140 registry issues related to Quicken (fewer than the ~500 issue I found a month ago!). Of those, there were 4 issues CClean labeled as "Invalid firewall rule" which may have something to do with the unsigned component in the R43.14 release. Below I share these 4 issues with the hope that the Quicken software team might find them useful..

Invalid firewall rule TCP Query User{0D2DB6B0-7DB4-4064-8E43-4F1518C3186D}C:\program files (x86)\quicken\qwsubprocess.exe - C:\program files (x86)\quicken\qwsubprocess.exe HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules

Invalid firewall rule UDP Query User{F52BE613-948A-4C0C-B9BD-6440D60CB9D0}C:\program files (x86)\quicken\qwsubprocess.exe - C:\program files (x86)\quicken\qwsubprocess.exe HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules

Invalid firewall rule {0BCEBC99-38B2-474C-94C8-22382C82702D} - C:\program files (x86)\quicken\qwsubprocess.exe HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules

Invalid firewall rule {D731B567-5368-41E9-8ED2-550648085184} - C:\program files (x86)\quicken\qwsubprocess.exe HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules

As I said before, I use Windows Defender for firewall.
    Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.