Split transactions empty on my PC after installing Quicken app on my tablet

Options
Danielle Dallaire
Danielle Dallaire Member ✭✭✭
:/
Hello,
I have a new tablet and thought it would be a good idea to install the Quicken app on it. Since then, my memorized transactions containing a split are empty. I have to add again either categories or accounts in the split window. Even if I memorize again the corrected transactions, the split informations are gone and don't stay memorized. I tried this : validate, supervalidate, closing and reopening Quicken on my computer.
Somebody has the same problem ? is it because of the syncing?
Thank you very much
Danielle

Best Answer

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    RE: is it because of the syncing?
    Most likely yes.  Enabling cloud sync and subsequently sharing it across mobile or web platforms has been known to create sporadic issues based on many posts from users like you.  Because the platforms need to share data back and forth from the cloud and constantly re-sync, some data issues occur at times.  This challenge has always been the case if you research this forum and you will find that many experienced users have completely disabled the sync feature and hence don't use mobile & web.
    It all depends on your needs: How important is it for you to share Quicken on desktop and mobile device vs ensuring accuracy.  Many prefer using Quicken on desktop and mobile platforms and are willing to accept the risk and make corrections if issues arise.  Some users have very little to no issues while others experience serious ones.  It is the nature of this feature.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    RE: is it because of the syncing?
    Most likely yes.  Enabling cloud sync and subsequently sharing it across mobile or web platforms has been known to create sporadic issues based on many posts from users like you.  Because the platforms need to share data back and forth from the cloud and constantly re-sync, some data issues occur at times.  This challenge has always been the case if you research this forum and you will find that many experienced users have completely disabled the sync feature and hence don't use mobile & web.
    It all depends on your needs: How important is it for you to share Quicken on desktop and mobile device vs ensuring accuracy.  Many prefer using Quicken on desktop and mobile platforms and are willing to accept the risk and make corrections if issues arise.  Some users have very little to no issues while others experience serious ones.  It is the nature of this feature.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way, you should be able to recover from this issue if you maintained many backups.  Restore from a backup prior to the start of this issue.  Don't do any update/downloads yet.  Verify that your split data etc. is correctly there.  Turn Sync off in Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.  Then perform a One Step Update to re-download your recent transactions.  Then you can decide if you wish to enable the Sync again knowing the possible consequences.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options
    Thanks.
    I will rethink my strategy.
    Have a nice day
    Danielle
This discussion has been closed.