Chase conversion

Options
timl62
timl62 Member ✭✭✭
When performing a quicken update, I was prompted to reauthorize my Chase credit card account.  I followed the process and ended up with a duplicate account.  Not sure how to correct this.  Once again, quicken has rolled out a process and is letting its users sort out the bugs.  

Comments

• Keith Davis
    Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here. I think what has to happen is to remove the online services for the current accounts and then configure online services with the new method. I'm restoring a backup and trying that now.
  • Keith Davis
    Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here. I think what has to happen is to remove the online services for the current accounts and then configure online services with the new method. I'm restoring a backup and trying that now.
    Yes, that work, HOWEVER, the first time I did that, it did something crazy with many of my transfers to this account (payments). I had to restore the backup and do it again, this time it worked correctly, EXCEPT, that any transactions I downloaded during the first (failed) repair did not download (only 4 and I knew what those were). Once again, spent 2 hours of my morning because the product quality sucks and I'm stuck with it or lose all my history and go to a more limited product, like Monarch.
  • brossyg
    brossyg Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Same issue ... I have a Chase credit card and I deactivated and reactivated the online service. It added a new Opening Balance transaction seven years ago (which is oddly marked reconciled) thus changing the current balance. I have had to restore from a backup three times to fix the problem. This also happened to my Chase Checking account. I DID NOT add any newly downloaded transactions as there were no transactions I didn't already have in the account. The Chase transition DOES NOT WORK.

UPDATE. I went through the process again and IT DELETED six months of reconciled transactions in my Chase Checking account before 6/15/2005 and created a new Opening Balance as of 6/15/2005 ... and the current balance (which was correct) was changed by over $4,000 incorrectly.

Also, I just found that in my Chase credit card account, it deleted the $0.00 opening balance transaction on 8/10/2015 and randomly added an Opening Balance transaction of $4,312 on 8/11/2015. No clue why it would do that, but once I set it back to $0.00 the credit card balance was accurate.
  • Steve Brown
    Steve Brown Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also being asked to add the chase accounts not to link to the existing ones. I don't trust that all won't either be duplicated or lost. When will this issue be addressed?
  • User1811
    User1811 Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I responded to the "reauthorization" prompt today. With a lot of effort and failed messages in Quicken, I have one of my three Chase accounts converted to "Express Web Connect +". The remaining two accounts only had the option to "Add a new account" or "don't add". The option of "linking to existing accounts" wasn't available. Chase website says that all three accounts are being shared with Quicken, but the remaining Chase accounts still say they are set up for "Direct Connect".
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "linking to existing accounts" option wasn't available because the accounts in question were still activated using Direct Connect. Quicken won't allow you to link to an already activated account so it must be deactivated first. I had that happen to me this morning. I currently maintain 2 Quicken files that are identical except one uses Direct Connect and the other EWC+. I'm doing this because I don't fully trust EWC+ just yet and am holding off adopting that until the last minute until the bugs are worked out. Quicken tried to convert my Direct Connect file this morning but because my 4 Chase accounts were already activated I was not given the option to link to those existing accounts. During the EWC+ conversion process Quicken should display a message informing you to deactivate all of your Chase accounts before proceeding to ensure that you will be able to link newly discovered Chase accounts to your existing ones.
  • timl62
    timl62 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I restored a backup to get rid of the duplicate account.  I then went into Tools and then to the Account List.  I deactivated the online update service for the existing Chase credit card account and then reactivated it.  It appears to be working, but won't know for sure until additional transactions post.  That should be tomorrow.  The balance is correct for now at least.
  • jwschmidt
    jwschmidt Member ✭✭
    Options
    I believe I have completed the transition to EWC+ for our Chase accounts, but will know for sure in a day or two when pending transactions are posted. I used the hints found in other comments and this procedure:
    - Deactivate on-line access for the accounts. THIS NEEDS TO BE IN THE QUICKEN INSTRUCTIONS!
    - Use the "add account" selection on the top of the Accounts sidebar to log into Chase and authorize all the accounts.
    - On the Quicken screen after completing authorization I was able to link my existing accounts to the list from Chase. The list of accounts that could be linked to a given account always included the proper existing accounts but sometimes also some random surprises.
    - Quicken downloaded transactions for the previous 90 days for each account. I did not see any that were not already in my register, so all of those were deleted before being entered into the registers.
    - For unknown reasons, several accounts had their opening balance set to some seemingly random number. I had previously recorded the proper opening balances and changed those entries manually. **** THIS IS A DEFECT IN THE PROCESS ***
    - The "Online Services" tab for each account now indicates the connection method is "Express Web Connect +"
    Now waiting to find out if it's actually working...
  • timl62
    timl62 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My transactions from Aug 31 posted correctly after deactivating and reactivating the online services for my Chase credit card account.  I found that my credit card payments made in the previous two months, which had originally been recorded as transfers were messed up.  The payments still appeared in the register for the credit card, but not in my checking account register.  I deleted the transactions in the credit card register and re-entered the transfers in the check register and everything balanced (checking account and credit card account) at that point.  This was a little cumbersome and the instructions provided by Quicken were poor.  They should do a better job of rolling out these system changes.
  • Cyclist
    Cyclist Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I would have to agree with above comments about lack of QA testing by Quicken with respect to the Chase reauthorization process. I am prompted every day to reauthorize, and then presented with the screen where I can Add/Link/Don't Add. As so many have noted above, I can't link the accounts (which all already exist), as they're not listed, and I know better than to Add and end up with duplicate accounts (some of these accounts are VERY old - I believe adding only reaches back 90 days or so). More problematic is that there are two sets of Chase logins for these accounts - my wife has some individual accounts as well as myself, as well as several joint accounts. The problem seems to be that the joint accounts occur on both of our Chase reauthorization lists, so the last id to reauthorize takes all the joint accounts as well as their own, and leaves the others (not sure they're stranded, as downloads seem to work - just prompted for reauthorization every time). Really doesn't matter which id the joint accounts get associated with, but it seems apparent that this particular USE CASE was not contemplated (two Chase user-id's in a single Quicken .QDF file). This has worked without incident for years prior to the new security method. I'm doubtful I'm the only one that has this scenario. Hopefully someone from Quicken support will weigh in on this thread (again doubtful). I won't go into a rant (well maybe) about the declining quality and lack of any meaningful new features in new releases, yet alone the many bugs that have existed for literally years (don't even think about them any more - so used to the workaround). Unfortunately, there's no real alternative. Since they went to a subscription model (smart on their part, as it's doubtful I would purchase the annual upgrade - the way it used to be - with nothing meaningful in current new releases), you're kind of stuck paying the annual fee. I'm sure they contemplated the decline in features, bug fixes, etc after their split with Inuit, and knew that to preserve a revenue stream they would need to go to a subscription model, as many users would not purchase the upgrades.
  • James Taylor
    Options
    I'm trying to deactivate DC on my Chase credit card accounts; I was able to do this for two of the accounts, but on the third account it claims I need to accept some downloaded transactions first (even though there are none to accept). Ugh. I also can't find out where to deactivate DC for my Chase Mortgage.
  • Keith Davis
    Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm trying to deactivate DC on my Chase credit card accounts; I was able to do this for two of the accounts, but on the third account it claims I need to accept some downloaded transactions first (even though there are none to accept). Ugh. I also can't find out where to deactivate DC for my Chase Mortgage.
    I would try doing File->Validate and repair->Validate
  • travelwhileyoucan
    Options
    I was able to set up the new chase sync mechanism and reconcile right after the new accounts were added with no issue, but when I try to reconcile a couple of days later using the online balance option, I find that Statement Ending Balance has been reduced by the total of the pending transactions.

This didn’t happen before, but it creates a really nasty situation. Because either Chase is sending the wrong value or Quicken is picking up the wrong value, the pending transactions are effectively a credit to your account.

For example, Chase.com shows $8.00 of pending charges as 8.00

Cleared Balance: 43.00 // Correct amount
    Statement Ending Balance: 35.00 // should be 43.00 but the statement balance
    from the bank has been reduced by the amount
    of the pending transactions.
    Difference: 8.00 // amount Chase shows as pending on chase.com

Pending charges should not be treated as a credit to your account! I have reverted to prior to conversion and am using the old method to download transaction until I hear this is resolved.
  • RAC5930
    RAC5930 Member
    Options
    I have experienced all the same problems above. I have had cleared and reconciled transactions changed in my chase credit card. I had to restore from back up and find the altered transactions to get my account back in order.
This discussion has been closed.