Unable to download transactions from Fidelity

Options
norbert007
norbert007 Member ✭✭
Hello, I have deleted all the online services for the 4 accounts we have at Fidelity and reconnected with no problems. I do not get any error message but for the past month it won't download any transactions.
Never had this problem before updating Quicken to the latest update.
Anybody has a solution yet? Is Quicken still working to fix this issue?
This is very annoying.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @norbert007,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Fidelity account(s). 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Fidelity account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mmpunch
    mmpunch Member ✭✭
    Options
    I gave up on using my Fidelity Credit Cards, which I really liked. The reason I stopped using them is because they (Elan Financial) decided to discontinue the Direct Connect with Quicken for the Fidelity Credit Cards.
  • norbert007
    norbert007 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Your suggestion to create a new account is totally unacceptable and has been proved to be ineffective by other people complaining about the same issue. Just have your programmers resolve this issue promptly. We all pay for this service!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your suggestion to create a new account is totally unacceptable and has been proved to be ineffective by other people complaining about the same issue. Just have your programmers resolve this issue promptly. We all pay for this service!
    The request to create a test file and see if you can download transactions into it is a step to help the programmers debug the problem: is it a problem with your current data file? Is it a problem with network connectivity? Is it something else?
    So, please decide how you would like to proceed: Help the programmers or continue complaining?

• norbert007
    norbert007 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The issue started after one of the two last updates and never occured before. I work with IT and programming [Removed - Disruptive]. 
  • Mark User
    Mark User Member
    Options
    I created the test file as suggested here and by Quicken support. It can download Fidelity transactions. So the problem seems to be in my Quicken file that holds all of my historical data from Fidelity and other accounts. I tried copying and pasting Fidelity transactions from the Test file to my Quicken file but was unable to do so despite following the instructions. I've validated and repaired my Quicken file to no avail. Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.