Quicken 2017 for windows forces new accounts to be listed in the account list after Chase update

Options
After reauthorizing my Chase credit cards, each card is forced to have a new account entry created in the account list, while the same credit card accounts still actively able to download transactions within their existing account entries.

No option is presented during the authorization process to link the newly authorized account to the existing credit cards, so new account entries for those cards are created.

Unfortunately, the new entries have transactions within them that date back to 6/2022. To "clear" them, I would have to look up receipts, recategorize every transaction and/or split, which is near impossible to do without locating the original transactions in the existing accounts and switching back and forth for every single line item.

Since the existing accounts still work, I even tried deleting the new accounts, but I was once again forced to do the reauthorization process before I could update any account.

So, I am left with deleting the existing accounts and going through the tedious process of trying to reconcile records back to 6/2022, or simply hiding the new account entries in the account list and keeping them in perpetuity. Or, just accept each transaction as uncategorized and have my end of year reports be incorrect.

This is a prime BS oversight and really needs a fix. Please advise.
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How come you can access your bank accounts from within Quicken when you use, as you said, "Quicken 2017 for windows", an unsupported version which should no longer be able to do so?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you really using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

As far as the Chase migration is concerned:
    The process should have started with Deactivate all Chase accounts then reauthorize and LINK to the existing account registers. There have been numerous discussions about this issue here in the Community. For as long as a Quicken account register is activated for downloading, it cannot be used to Link with a bank account

• Paul Guagliardo
    Options
    Joseph Levin's exact problem happened to me just now when I "reauthorized" my Chase accounts. And UKR's snarky response to Joseph's question is not appreciated. I haven't been following the comments here because I didn't know i had a problem. I simply followed the directions, was connected to Chase, reauthorized the accounts, and was redirected back to Quicken where I saw my new accounts.

I, too, wanted to know how to sync the "new" accounts with the "old." I'm using Quicken Premier. It was the 2017 version and I am now in the subscription version.

Finally, no instructions advised me to " Deactivate all Chase accounts...."

Is there no solution?
This discussion has been closed.