How do I link credit card accounts in Mac Quicken?

Options
Will Fiveash
Will Fiveash Member ✭✭✭
Recently I had a credit card canceled as a result of a fraud report and was issued a new credit card.  Now in Quicken I see two separate credit card accounts.  What I would like to do is link the older credit card account to the newer one so the transaction history is unified.  Is there a way to do this?

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If Quicken will link your new Quicken account to the new account at the bank, then go ahead & do that. Then drag all the old transactions from the old credit account in Quicken into the new account. You'll have the entire account history in one Quicken account that's linked to the bank.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Gilles9
    Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    What I did is used the intial Credit card account

I disconnected the initial credit card in Quicken

And I reconnected the same account using the new Credit card through the normal connect process with your bank, or with the QFX download for the new card, whichever applies
  • Will Fiveash
    Will Fiveash Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Gilles9 said:
    What I did is used the intial Credit card account

I disconnected the initial credit card in Quicken

And I reconnected the same account using the new Credit card through the normal connect process with your bank, or with the QFX download for the new card, whichever applies

Thanks for trying to help but when I go through the disconnect/reconnect of the initial credit card account (the one that was canceled) Quicken only allows me to link with the initial card account, not the new one.  Note that Quicken didn't provide a way to change the account number during the connection step for the initial card account.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If Quicken will link your new Quicken account to the new account at the bank, then go ahead & do that. Then drag all the old transactions from the old credit account in Quicken into the new account. You'll have the entire account history in one Quicken account that's linked to the bank.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.