US Senate FCU changed platforms recently - Quicken can't login

Options
66Vette
66Vette Member ✭✭
US Senate FCU changed platforms recently and having issues logging onto Quicken now?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:
    Quicken Uses Incorrect URL for Online Banking

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add or repair) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• pmt703
    pmt703 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have started having the same issue and the USSFCU folks have been extremely unhelpful. They have basically said "sorry, its not our problem".

Their official answer is "Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do on our end to restore the connection. Our app developers indicated that most 3rd party apps will recognize a new connection and correct themselves. They further indicate that members who continue to have 3rd party app connection issues should reach out to the aggregator directly and let them know that your credit union has changed their digital banking platform."
  • pmt703
    pmt703 Member ✭✭
    Options
    For me this involves no longer being able to autoconnect and download transactions. I can not even log onto the website - through Quicken - to show my accounts. Althought my login works just fine from the Senate CU website.

The official error message from Quicken is:
  • hornet96
    hornet96 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem for me as well. Someone at Quicken should easily be able to update the HTML link in the code for the USSFCU. It shouldn't be up to your customers to play the middleman on these connection issues. At least not if you want them to remain as customers.....
  • pmt703
    pmt703 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @hornet96 said:
    > Same problem for me as well. Someone at Quicken should easily be able to update the HTML link in the code for the USSFCU. It shouldn't be up to your customers to play the middleman on these connection issues. At least not if you want them to remain as customers.....

No and unfortunately this is how USSFCU is handling the issue.
  • hornet96
    hornet96 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @pmt703 said:
    > > @hornet96 said:
    > > Same problem for me as well. Someone at Quicken should easily be able to update the HTML link in the code for the USSFCU. It shouldn't be up to your customers to play the middleman on these connection issues. At least not if you want them to remain as customers.....
    >
    > No and unfortunately this is how USSFCU is handling the issue.

This is how QUICKEN is handling the issue. I'm not impressed with USFFCU's response either, but in their defense, they don't really have any responsibility in making sure Quicken's product works as advertised.
  • pmt703
    pmt703 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, to be fair, if you are undertaking a major software development effort and changes to your backend, the first thing I would do is identify the...X...amount of major program connections that we have and insure that your members dont lose connectivity. Quicken, in my opinion, would be one of those.

USSFCU response seems to be "hey, woah, sorry, we made changes to our system, nothing we can do about it"
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pmt703 said:   I can not even log onto the website - through Quicken - to show my accounts.
    Although my login works just fine from the Senate CU website.
    So - what URL do you use to log into the USSFCU online website ?
    Looks like you should be able to manually log into the USSFCU online website
    and manually download a Quicken QFX file,
    which then can be Imported into Quicken.... this is called - Web Connect -
    01690    01690    01690    US Senate Federal Credit Union    http://www.ussfcu.org/
    202-224-2967    https://my.ussfcu.org/enroll    ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• pmt703
    pmt703 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Appreciate that - and I did know of that option.

But if I wanted to do things manually every day or so - I wouldn't be using Quicken. Doing it that way would take longer than it would take to just enter the items manually.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pmt703 said:   Appreciate that - and I did know of that option.
    just noticed - since you were not the person that created this topic.... 
    Are you using QMAC (upper left corner of buttons) - since this was originally started as a QWIN topic ??

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jmorgan
    jmorgan Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, here's the message I received from USSFCU support when I contacted them about this issue:

"our online/mobile banking vendor has informed us that members who use Intuit's Express Web Connect functionality will need to enroll in and use the Authy App in order for Intuit to send authentication codes that will allow them to connect with their account. Once you have enrolled in Authy, reattempt to sync your account and then you should receive the 2FA code through Authy."

Enrolled in Authy and tried this -- did not work.

Is it possible that the problem is the new URL that is used for online banking - "my.ussfcu.org/login"? The Quicken account setup window only shows "www.ussfcu.org" (and http only, not https).
  • pmt703
    pmt703 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I received the same follow up message - after I received the first one.

I also tried installing Authy, turning it on in my online account settings and using it - same thing, does not work.
  • pmt703
    pmt703 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > Is it possible that the problem is the new URL that is used for online banking - "my.ussfcu.org/login"? The Quicken account setup window only shows "www.ussfcu.org" (and http only, not https).

I think this is the problem as well and after about 20 minutes working with the Quicken chat, I submitted my error logs as well as some other information for them. I trust them to work on it a lot more than I trust the folks at USSFCU.
  • hornet96
    hornet96 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @pmt703 said:
    > > Is it possible that the problem is the new URL that is used for online banking - "my.ussfcu.org/login"? The Quicken account setup window only shows "www.ussfcu.org" (and http only, not https).
    >
    > I think this is the problem as well and after about 20 minutes working with the Quicken chat, I submitted my error logs as well as some other information for them. I trust them to work on it a lot more than I trust the folks at USSFCU.
    >
    >
    I agree as well. Quicken doesn’t know what URL to look for to connect and login to USSFCU. So it returns the “your bank appears to be offline” error message every time (duh, when you try to go to an outdated web address that is what it looks like to the program). Meaning, Quicken is the one who needs to fix this by updating the URL address in the one step update window. USSFCU should be able to work with them on this to speed up the process; then again, since data aggregation is literally Quicken’s business, they should be able to tell there is a problem on the back-end and proactively work to fix issues like this so that customers don’t come on here and start complaining. 😉
  • jmorgan
    jmorgan Member
    Options
    > I think this is the problem as well and after about 20 minutes working with the Quicken chat, I submitted my error logs as well as some other information for them. I trust them to work on it a lot more than I trust the folks at USSFCU.

On this point, USSFCU customer service seems to think that Quicken is an Intuit product -- which hasn't been true for about 5-6 years.

For fun, I asked USSFCU to connect me directly with their "online/mobile banking vendor" to resolve the issue. I don't really expect a response, but if I make any progress I will share the results here.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    jmorgan said: 
    "our online/mobile banking vendor has informed us that members who use Intuit's Express Web Connect functionality will need to enroll in and use the Authy App in order for Intuit to send authentication codes that will allow them to connect with their account. Once you have enrolled in Authy, reattempt to sync your account and then you should receive the 2FA code through Authy."
    SO... the USSFCU did the following...
    - changed their internal platform for connecting to outside software companies - They "changed the locks" -
    - changed and added a 3rd party software AUTHY for 2FA - They "added a deadbolt"
    And now the Quicken connection "keys" don't work - and it's Quicken's fault ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JHDC
    JHDC Member
    Options
    I've been having the same issue with USSFCU, even after installing Authy. There is now a banner at the top of the webpage saying they are working on the problem. Coincidentally or not, I'm having a similar problem being able to download account information into Quicken form another bank.
  • jmorgan
    jmorgan Member
    Options
    This problem appears to be resolved. I was just able to "update login" and then reconnect all of my accounts. I'll need to double check, but all transactions seem to have downloaded. Kudos to USSFCU (or Quicken, or both) for taking care of this!
  • 66Vette
    66Vette Member ✭✭
    Options
    Was notified by USSFCU on 10/3/22 that problem was resolved.
This discussion has been closed.