USAA VISA not downloading transactions

Options
USAA is not downloading transaction detail. I don't know when this started. I hadn't made any purchases until August 2022 when I first noticed it. What is strange is that the balance is correct. The August transactions are shown as an opening balance dated 9/12/2016 (the first entry)! Almost like a placeholder.

I have deleted online setup and reconnected. No transaction data downloaded.

I deleted the online setup and added USAA as a new account. This resulted in a single entry dated today. This amount was equal to the sum of the August transactions/current balance.

Not sure whether this is a new issue or a reoccurrence of previously reported issues with USAA.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    USAA is not downloading transaction detail. I don't know when this started. I hadn't made any purchases until August 2022 when I first noticed it. What is strange is that the balance is correct. The August transactions are shown as an opening balance dated 9/12/2016 (the first entry)! Almost like a placeholder.

I have deleted online setup and reconnected. No transaction data downloaded.

I deleted the online setup and added USAA as a new account. This resulted in a single entry dated today. This amount was equal to the sum of the August transactions/current balance.

Not sure whether this is a new issue or a reoccurrence of previously reported issues with USAA.
    Hello @Eric-in-Iowa,        

I am sorry to hear about this issue with missing transaction information. Thank you for mentioning this here on the Quicken Community. 

What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to seeing your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Eric-in-Iowa
    Options
    thanks for the reply. The connection method is Express Web.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    thanks for the reply. The connection method is Express Web.
    Hello @Eric-in-Iowa

I appreciate you getting back to me with the answer to my earlier question. I do apologize for the frustration caused by this issue. 

When you navigate to Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions in the upper menu at the top of the screen, are you noticing that the boxes next to Automatically categorize transactions and Automatically apply Quicken's suggested name contain checkmarks? What do you see when you look into Edit > Preferences > Data entry and QuickFill

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Try adding your USAA Visa accounts by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen. I want to know if you notice this missing transaction information in the test file. 

I am eager to hear about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Eric-in-Iowa
    Options
    Automatically categorize transactions & Automatically apply Quicken's suggested name - both are checked.

Under Data entry: all are checked except
    Use enter key to move...

Under Quickfill:
    no options checked
  • Eric-in-Iowa
    Options
    I created a test file, although I didn't see any prompt for "Don't use mobile and web". I deleted USAA account. I added USAA again with same result. - just a single entry dated today with a summary amount shown called "Opening Balance".
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    I created a test file, although I didn't see any prompt for "Don't use mobile and web". I deleted USAA account. I added USAA again with same result. - just a single entry dated today with a summary amount shown called "Opening Balance".
    Hello @Eric-in-Iowa

I do apologize about this problem continuing. Thank you for getting back to me with the results from the test data file.

Have you reached out to USAA support? Given that this issue is continuing in the test file as well, it is possible that the financial institution involved is sending the information over in this way. If you do this, it may be helpful to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these individuals are more likely to have familiarity with third-party software, such as Quicken.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to any more updates you may be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.