asking for account credential with unknown customer ID for citi cards regardless

Options
Nowonderland
Nowonderland Member ✭✭
Quicken asking for account credentials with unknown customer ID for Citi cards regardless of what bank I am working on, if I hit cancel it's not updating whatever bank I am working on.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you,

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken asking for account credentials with unknown customer ID for Citi cards regardless of what bank I am working on, if I hit cancel it's not updating whatever bank I am working on.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Thank you,
    Hello @Nowonderland,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community. 

Just so I am clear: you are being prompted to link an unfamiliar account whenever trying to update your accounts? Have you received any error messages in association with any of your Citi accounts recently? Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these areas can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Nowonderland
    Nowonderland Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi There Jared,

Thank you, I did check, and my data file is on the computer, not on Icloud or drop box.

As to the message itself it started appearing a while back, I included a screenshot I hid the customer ID though I do not have this customer ID, as it seems gibberish. It is asking me for the password, it is is always happening when I am working on another bank, not necessarily citi. When it did on citi I did put a password, but It is still coming back. It seems like a bug.

I am not able to get quicken Connect on several banks now. I am not sure it is related.
    Thank you,

[Screenshot Edited to Remove Sensitive Info]
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Hi There Jared,

Thank you, I did check, and my data file is on the computer, not on Icloud or drop box.

As to the message itself it started appearing a while back, I included a screenshot I hid the customer ID though I do not have this customer ID, as it seems gibberish. It is asking me for the password, it is is always happening when I am working on another bank, not necessarily citi. When it did on citi I did put a password, but It is still coming back. It seems like a bug.

I am not able to get quicken Connect on several banks now. I am not sure it is related.
    Thank you,
    Hello @Nowonderland,             

I apologize that this issue with customer ID requests is continuing. Thank you for following up with me about this.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 
    You may then add your Citi affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I want to know if you are noticing this prompt in the test file.

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • Nowonderland
    Nowonderland Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Did you see the screenshot?
    I copied and pasted before.

[Screenshot Edited to Remove Sensitive Info]
  • Nowonderland
    Options
    Ok, I walked through the test It will not let me even connect to citi cards

Do I just revert to the backed up original?
  • Quicken Jared
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello @Nowonderland,

Yes, thank you for providing those images; nonetheless, some identifiable information was still visible, so the upload was edited to remove this.

Also, restoring from a backup is definitely advised. Do you have any backup saved from prior to this issue emerging? Try restoring from a backup if so by going to File > Restore from backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. We recommend saving backups often for situations such as this.

I hope to hear more from you soon. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok, I walked through the test It will not let me even connect to citi cards

Do I just revert to the backed up original?
    Did you follow the instructions in the message from Citi and visit the https://citi.com/datamanagement website, both in your original data file and the new test file? Use your Citi logon ID and password

When done click "Try again".

• Nowonderland
    Options
    It's downloading from Citicard directly but still giving me this message with this weird user ID.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    It's downloading from Citicard directly but still giving me this message with this weird user ID.
    Hello @Nowonderland,  

Thank you for remaining in communications with us about this. I do apologize this issue is continuing even after following these recommendations.

Just so I understand: are you still seeing this strange ID even after restoring from backup, and/or following the instructions provided by @UKR earlier? If so, do you know what Connection Type is in use when connecting your account to online banking services? You can check this by clicking one of the affected accounts in the Account List on the left-hand side of the Quicken panel and then navigating to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. The Downloads tab in the window that appears should contain this information. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.