Prompt for year of tax payment

Options
EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
I should've asked this before I completed entering my payments, so I could accurately describe the prompt, but let me try this anyway.

We're now in SEPTEMBER of 2022 and, when I enter the quarter 3 estimated tax payments (state + federal) that I'm making, Quicken asks me if I'm entering a tax payment for 2021.  Why doesn't it know, at this point in the year, that that is unlikely?

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @EmKay,

You raise a good question.  The reason is that if a taxpayer is on extension for the2021tax year, it is possible that payments they are making at this time of year may relate to 2021 (e.g. a balance due on the 2021 return) OR may be estimated payments for the third quarter of 2022.  Quicken only wants to allow us to get it right.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.