Transactions reclassified from “Transfer” do not show up in Reports

Options
Steven C1991
Steven C1991 Member
edited October 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I have an issue with my budget report. Some of the transactions are not showing up.

I downloaded transactions from my Checking account. Two transactions that were initially categorized as “Transfer” and subsequently recategorized as “Education:Tuition” do not show up on my budget report. A newly created transaction with the same transaction information shows up just fine. The transactions neither show up on a newly created report showing only the category “Education:Tuition”.

I just noticed that another transaction that also was downloaded from my Checking account, automatically categorized as “Transfer” and subsequently recategorized as “Food & Dining:Restaurants” neither shows up on the budget report.

All three transactions have “Venmo Des Cashout” as the Payee and are automatically categorized as ‘Transfer” when downloaded, as a side note I stopped downloading Venmo transactions as it gave me too much hazzle.

I use Quicken 6.9.0 (Build 609.45401.100)

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Double click on the transaction, select Edit Details, and click on the Splits tab. Make sure the Transfer column is empty. If you want to check a bunch of transactions at once, add the Transfer column to the register view by selecting the Columns button in the lower right.

If the Transfer column is not blank the transaction will not be included as spending on some reports, even if the text in the column is not the name of another account in Quicken and no money is getting transferred. When that happens Quicken will display a red arrow in the Transfer column to indicate there's a problem, but if you're not displaying the Transfer column in the register it can easily fly under the radar.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Double click on the transaction, select Edit Details, and click on the Splits tab. Make sure the Transfer column is empty. If you want to check a bunch of transactions at once, add the Transfer column to the register view by selecting the Columns button in the lower right.

If the Transfer column is not blank the transaction will not be included as spending on some reports, even if the text in the column is not the name of another account in Quicken and no money is getting transferred. When that happens Quicken will display a red arrow in the Transfer column to indicate there's a problem, but if you're not displaying the Transfer column in the register it can easily fly under the radar.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Steven C1991
    Options
    Thank you! Indeed the transfer field was not empty. I had at least 30 transactions that were stuck that way. Thank you for your help!!
This discussion has been closed.