Investment UserID Change - Online Update Issue

Options
TerrenceT
TerrenceT Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have an investment account that required a change to user ID. After making the required change with the investment web site, I updated the Quicken investment account's customer ID. I am able to successfully Update Transactions for that account!

However...when I go to do an One-Step Update for all accounts, this particular investment account lists two rows/entries for me to enter the account password - one row has the OLD user/customer ID, the other has the NEW user/customer ID.

I tried the "Reset account" button in the investment account services Online Details - did not change this problem. Also tried a full system reboot and restart of Quicken.

Question - How do I get the One-Step Update to forget this account's old user/customer ID?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi @TerrenceT

If you are being prompted to enter two passwords (i.e. as you say - "two entries for me to enter account password" I suspect that you have two accounts in Quicken instead of just one. 

I suggest that you first determine if you actually have two accounts in your Quicken file for this account.  If you do, you'll have to deleted one (preferably, the newer one) because that would prevent your losing historical data for the old account. Then you should disconnect the old account from downloading and reconnect the new account using he new customer ID.  But before you do anything, make sure that you have a good recent backup file, just in case.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.