Any Quicken tips for stability

mr.dallen
mr.dallen Member ✭✭
I've been using Quicken Home,Business,Rental Property since March '22. I am constantly having to reset or repair accounts and/or repair the data file. Seems like I spend more time dealing with this and sync issues than actually using the product. I am surprised a product as old as Quicken still has these types of issues with its data file and online sync. These are not new concepts.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    mr.dallen said: I am constantly having to reset or repair accounts and/or repair the data file.
    just an opinion....
    1 - use Windows to BLOCK the Quicken auto software updates - UAC - restricts software from updating without permission
    2 - do not enable the Quicken Cloud SYNC - if you can live without the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken Web browser portal

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mr.dallen
    mr.dallen Member ✭✭
    I have disabled the Cloud Sync. It is a HORRIBLE feature and really should be removed from the product. The sync issues I am referring to is Quicken skipping a random date range of transactions to download. I have, however, been taking all the updates, some of which I didn't even have a choice it seems. I am not sure I will continue with the subscription and I am interested if others have the same frustrations.
This discussion has been closed.