Memorized Payee List is suddenly empty! HELP!

Options
Wylierider
Wylierider Member ✭✭
Today I opened my Memorized Payee List to discover it's complete empty. Yesterday, it was full of my familiar payees. No updates have been done on my PC (Win10) or with Quicken (Verson R43.20, Build 27.1.43.20).

Now everything I download from my bank shows up with a ? instead of a payee. What happened?????

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The quickest way to get things back to normal is going to be restoring your most recent backup taken before the issue occurred. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Wylierider
    Wylierider Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I thought about restoring from the most recent backup, but since that backup I have entered numerous transactions and reconciled accounts and so on. I'll lose a lot of work. I do not understand why the memorized payee list would disappear.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Yes, I thought about restoring from the most recent backup, but since that backup I have entered numerous transactions and reconciled accounts and so on. I'll lose a lot of work. I do not understand why the memorized payee list would disappear.
    Hello @Wylierider

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing Payee information. Thank you for continuing to discuss this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these latter locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to conversing with you about this in greater detail, if possible. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.