Memorized Payees screen is blank, but payees showup when I write check

Options
GHemb
GHemb Member ✭✭
When I open Memorized Payees under Tools, it appears blank, but I'm guessing that it is full. A vendor has increased his monthly price, but when I enter the vendor's name, the old amount shows up. I don't think Quicken recognized the new price that I've been paying for several months because the list is full. How do I delete the old transactions when I can't see anything.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Has your Memorized Payee List grown too big?

How many Memorized Payee List entries do you have in your file? A couple hundred? Several thousands?
    Click Help in the Menu Bar. CTRL+click About Quicken and it'll tell you in a File Information window.
    To trim the list and keep it in shape please do this:
    In Edit / Preferences / Data Entry and Quickfill make sure you have a checkmark at
    "Remove memorized payees not used in [xx] months"
    and set [xx] to something like "18". Do not set it to zero. IMHO, you should set the number to 12 or higher for best results, so that once-a-year payees don't vanish.
    Restart Quicken for the change to take effect and housekeeping to clean up the Memorized Payee List.
    Check the File Information box again to see the reduced count.

Problem: Empty MPL List View or only a few entries show but File Information shows many MPL entries
    Check the MPL view. Click on Options and make sure that there is NO checkmark on "Show locked items only"

If all else fails, Rebuild MPL:
    After creating a backup of your Quicken data file …
    To rebuild the Memorized Payee List from existing transactions, click Tools, hold down Shift and CTRL, then click Memorized Payee List.

This discussion has been closed.