Ongoing: Cannot successfully configure online txn download with Chase (Version R43.26)

This is an ongoing issue associated with configuring Chase web connect, starting in late August. Quicken passes off the authentication to the browser, but does not successfully return to quicken after successful authentication:

Behavior:
1. Right click a chase account, click Edit / Delete account
2. Click “Online Services” tab
3. Click Setup Now button
4. One Step Update window appears with message “Chase needs your authorization”.
5. Click the Sign In button on this window. Quicken launches browser window to Chase with user/pass prompt
6. I successfully authenticate.
7. I select “Next” on the first page (“How to connect with quicken”)
8. I select “Next” on the first page (“What quicken wants to know”)
9. I select “Next” on the first page (“What do you want to share?”)
10. I select “Connect my account(s)” on the “Review and Connect” screen
11. Browser returns a screen “Your accounts have been authorized successfully! You will now be redirected back to Quicken.”
12. I am never taken back to quicken, and the One Step Update dialog just has a blue twirly ring on it.
The browser (Edge or Firefox, doesn’t matter) never redirects back to quicken. None of my Chase accounts are able to download transactions now for over 2 weeks.
Quicken for Windows, Version R43.26, Build 27.1.43.26

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try this. First go to each of your Chase banking/credit card accounts (not investment accounts) and deactivate them for downloading transactions.  Next use Tools -> Add Accounts, and select the Chase icon to start the same re-authorization process.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Appreciate the feedback! Yes, I did disable all online settings for all chase accounts. Same issue with browser not redirecting back to quicken.
  • Experiencing the same issue here...same steps taken and even tried cancelling and going back in with a different browser set as my default. I get through the Chase web pages and it informs me all my accounts are configured, but when I get the page reporting the accounts have been authorized and I'll be redirected back to Quicken, nothing happens. Quicken continues spinning on the Sign Into Chase Bank page and no way to get past it as there's only Cancel. And please do NOT ask me to add my account back in fresh as I have been a Quicken user for years and have 3 years worth of reconciled transactions in my Chase account in Quicken. :'(
  • jwyant
    jwyant Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue, reactivating the account, going through the same process on chase side and nothing seems to work.
  • Great points, I just realized I have thousands of transactions going back to 2004 in my chase accounts, so starting from scratch is NOT going to be viable for me either.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the feedback! Yes, I did disable all online settings for all chase accounts. Same issue with browser not redirecting back to quicken.
    One thing I want to point out because a person asked me about it.

When the Chase web page says that they are "redirecting you back to Quicken", nothing on the web browser will change.  You might expect some other page to come up or it to close and Quicken popup.
    That isn't going to happen.  What they mean is that you should close your web browser and Quicken should be right where it was when the web browser was popped up.  And it should then continue on.

Note that it can take Quicken quite some time to "process" the data and go on.  It might look like it is hung, but unless it actually says that it timed out, you should let it continue.
    Signature:
  • FYSA, I've waited patiently several times for the redirect back to quicken to take hold but it just times out.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    FYSA, I've waited patiently several times for the redirect back to quicken to take hold but it just times out.
    I suggest you contact Quicken Support for help with this problem:
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, while I was going thru this procedure a while ago, it appeared to be hanging/waiting at the exact same "You will now be redirected back to Quicken” spot.
    After waiting for a number of seconds, I pressed Alt-Tab to switch windows from the browser to Quicken and the process resumed in Quicken, completing successfully.
    Have you tried this?

This discussion has been closed.