two step authentication

Options
wjb727
wjb727 Member ✭✭
Flagstar Bank - use for mortgage loan -is set up in Q and when I use one step update, it asks for a two step authentication code which I insert. It then asks again and again and again. How can I be sure that Q is getting that code to the bank? They've locked me out several times because they are seeing attempts but not the code I put in.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wjb727 said:
    Flagstar Bank - use for mortgage loan -is set up in Q and when I use one step update, it asks for a two step authentication code which I insert. It then asks again and again and again. How can I be sure that Q is getting that code to the bank? They've locked me out several times because they are seeing attempts but not the code I put in.
    Hello @wjb727

I apologize about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for brining this matter before the Quicken Community.

To begin with, are you making use of the 'Flagstar Bank' instance in the Add Account window? If so, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I do hope to hear more from you about this, if you have the chance to reach out to us once more. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • wjb727
    wjb727 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Using the express web connect services. This problem sounds like the one I read about with Navy Federal Credit Union and 2FA. I stopped using Q's updates and just went directly to Navy Fed and downloaded my transactions. The Flagstar is a mortgage loan only account and I am using it just to expand my knowledge of Q and its retirement planning.
    I have marked the Flagstar account with a remember me check. At that point you would think they'd have stored a cookie for that purpose.
  • wjb727
    wjb727 Member ✭✭
    Options
    BTW, Flagstar's support staff didn't even have a clue what Quicken was. That might tell you something.
This discussion has been closed.