Merrill Lynch Direct Connect failing for about 10 days.

Options
hpostal
hpostal Member ✭✭
The only suggestion Merrill had for me was to download transactions. Issue started about the same time as Chase was requiring revalidation for a new connection paradigm. BOA connects with links with Merrill. What is suggested?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hpostal said:
    The only suggestion Merrill had for me was to download transactions. Issue started about the same time as Chase was requiring revalidation for a new connection paradigm. BOA connects with links with Merrill. What is suggested?
    Hello @hpostal

I am sorry to hear about these problems with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Just so I am clear on some details: is this Merrill Lynch account (or accounts, as the case may be) still making use of the Direct Connect connection method? You can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

Also, what specific issues seemed to be affected the account(s)? When did this begin?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Stuart789
    Options
    Similar issue. When updating Merrill direct connect indicates it is completing the connection and downloading transactions. However, the balances are off when compared to Merrill online balance by almost 30%. In other words, instead of the account balance being, e.g., $100, it reads $70. I am not having the same issue with other brokerages or banks. I first noticed the problem about a week ago (maybe September 7, 2022). I tried using the "reset account" feature to no avail. I am a 20+ year user of Quicken and this is the first time I have experienced this type of issue.
This discussion has been closed.