Citibank Transactions will not download via OneStep Update

Options
I've had my citibank account for almost 2 months now and have yet to get Quicken to download any transactions from the website. I've deactivated, reset, re-added the online services countless times - each time it says it's setup and has synchronized transactions but the register shows nothing updated, nothing to add via the "Downloaded Transactions tab either. I even chatted with a support tech who walked me through going to Tools Add account to setup sync that way - each time the sync "seems to happen" but no transactions every come down. i have to enter manually and or export from the website and open the qfx file in quicken. It has been very frustrating. Other CCs work, Citibank just doesn't.

Answers

• joostvh
    joostvh Member
    Options
    Actually forgot to ask my question - does anyone know of a solution out there? Does Support have a better option to fix this sync between Quicken and Citibank? Please help!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joostvh said:
    I've had my citibank account for almost 2 months now and have yet to get Quicken to download any transactions from the website. I've deactivated, reset, re-added the online services countless times - each time it says it's setup and has synchronized transactions but the register shows nothing updated, nothing to add via the "Downloaded Transactions tab either. I even chatted with a support tech who walked me through going to Tools Add account to setup sync that way - each time the sync "seems to happen" but no transactions every come down. i have to enter manually and or export from the website and open the qfx file in quicken. It has been very frustrating. Other CCs work, Citibank just doesn't.
    Hello @joostvh,  

I am sorry about this problem with missing transactions after downloads and updates. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance. 

Have you received any error messages when trying to update these accounts in the recent past? What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • joostvh
    joostvh Member
    Options
    it's currently set to Express web connect. However it's been different types before (can't remember which) based on how i setup the online services. Never receive error messages from the sync like a failure, rather it looks like it actually synced and did something but nothing is showing up in the register to add or check off. only way is manual entry for everything when looking at online citibank account. or downloading the qfx file to import which duplicates entries so have to be careful and delete the extras.
    has been nothing but frustrating. seems problems really started when my BECU bank sync stopped working several months ago. that is supposed to be fixed soon i hope.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joostvh said:
    it's currently set to Express web connect. However it's been different types before (can't remember which) based on how i setup the online services. Never receive error messages from the sync like a failure, rather it looks like it actually synced and did something but nothing is showing up in the register to add or check off. only way is manual entry for everything when looking at online citibank account. or downloading the qfx file to import which duplicates entries so have to be careful and delete the extras.
    has been nothing but frustrating. seems problems really started when my BECU bank sync stopped working several months ago. that is supposed to be fixed soon i hope.
    Hello @joostvh,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem continuing for so long, and thanks for answering my earlier questions about the situation.

After further investigation, I have determined that these symptoms are related to the issue covered in the Open Alert, linked here. Currently, there are connectivity errors associated with Citibank that may result in problems like those described here, and you can follow the link that was provided above for any available updates or additional information. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • joostvh
    joostvh Member
    Options
    thanks. any ideas when the issue will be resolved? seems something changed in Quicken software to have more of these sync issues. I've read on the forum there are other banks/cc having similar issues. Is Quicken support/development teams working to address this on a larger scale of the application?
    Thanks for your help Jared.
This discussion has been closed.