FYI - DATCU Updates for Quicken - Starting 9/18/22

Options
imdcareys
imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
I am a member of DATCU Credit Union and I received the below in email this morning (9/15). Posting here in case anyone misses the email. The email only gives you 3 days notice. There is information for Windows, Mac, and Web versions of Quicken.

DATCU updated its online banking provider.
To continue using Quicken®, you will need to complete an account deactivation and activation process.  Documents detailing how to complete this process are available at datcu.org/quicken.

Please note:   There is a chance that transactional data may be duplicated when your account is set up.  Detailed information on how to correct any duplicate data can be found at datcu.org/quicken

If you have any questions, please click "Let's Talk!" on datcu.org or call 940-387-8585.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

Comments

• lynnmccreary
    Options
    It’s not working - this morning it will not connect my accounts in quicken
  • VanGirl
    VanGirl Member
    Options
    I have deactivated my online accounts per the instructions. Quicken however will not allow me to reactivate the online account and link it to an existing account. It will only allow me to create a new account. Any help would be great to solve this issue.
  • mckeerw
    mckeerw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem for me as VanGirl just posted. I do not want to create another checking account in Quicken, I want it to continue to update the DATCU checking account that is established in Quicken.
  • VanGirl
    VanGirl Member
    Options
    I talked to Quicken this morning and they said that the issue is on DATCU's side. DATCU is not allowing any 3rd party account to connect at this time.

I talked to DATCU after Quicken and they said that it should be working as of noon yesterday, but they will have their Tech Team look into it and call me back.
  • VanGirl
    VanGirl Member
    Options
    DATCU tech team called me back and said that there is an outage between Quicken and DATCU. The service should be restored by 09/27/2022.
  • mckeerw
    mckeerw Member ✭✭
    Options
    09/27/2022. OK, thanks VanGirl for the update! And good on DATCU for getting back to you.
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    DATCU has posted this message at https://www.datcu.org/quicken :

Services may be interrupted for up to 5 business days. Please download a QFX/QBO file during this outage. 

You can keep checking there for updates.

If you really want to download a QFX file, there is a Download button on the lower left side of the Accounts  Page. If you do that, you will have to go through the setup process which is a little messy and you will have to do it again when they finish the process.

I would recommend waiting for them to finish instead.

• stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just chatted with DATCU. Supposedly this was to be resolved today. Has anybody had any luck re-activate their service per the instructions. When I attempt it, it appears Quicken wants to set up the activation as a new account. I can't use the current named account or I get the message the account already exists and if I provide another name it asks for beginning balance. At that point I've not gone further as I use Quicken Bill Pay and I don't want to risk having to go through that authorization again.... DATCU has forwarded my issue back to their technical area for further research. Anybody else having similar issues?
  • martin99
    martin99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still having the same problem. I keep checking back here to see if there are any updates. I don't really want to upload a QFX file. When (or if) DATCU gets up and running again with Quicken, I suspect I'll have a ton of duplicate entries if I do that. Just waiting...
  • lynnmccreary
    Options
    i am still having the same issues. i am emailing with datcu support but have not gotten any real help yet. This has gotten a bit ridiculous.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    martin99 said:
    I am still having the same problem. I keep checking back here to see if there are any updates. I don't really want to upload a QFX file. When (or if) DATCU gets up and running again with Quicken, I suspect I'll have a ton of duplicate entries if I do that. Just waiting...
    Hello @martin99 and @lynnmcreary

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing these issues with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here in this Quicken Community Discussion. 

First, what connection method are you currently using in order to try to connect your accounts?  Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mckeerw
    mckeerw Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Quicken Jared: I am having the same issue as @martin99 and @lynnmcreary with getting the DACU account reset to work at DATCU. In your response, you're asking for information from the Online Setup callout box. That information is not there because the account cannot be setup online using the existing account name in Quicken. We do not want to start over with a new accoun name, we want to continue using the account name with the years worth of information already in Quicken.
    Looking forward to your response. Thank you
  • JohnPinchot
    JohnPinchot Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having same problem. I was told it would be fixed after 9/27. Tried today and same result. I called DATCU and they said my version of Quicken R43.32 has a lot of problems and I should call Quicken. On hold now with Quicken. They will probably point me back at DATCU. Getting dizzy. I told DATCU that it worked before, they made a change, they need to fix it.
  • JohnPinchot
    JohnPinchot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just worked with Quicken. They said DATCU is set up for web connect where you manually download the transaction and import them. Express Web Connect, which does everything automatically is not set up. I plan on calling DATCU tomorrow to complain.
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chatted again with DATCU. No resolution, claims their IT department is giving this priority (not certain I would agree). I did share that they are beginning to get a very frustrated group of Quicken/DATCU users that have been dealing with this since 9/18. Suggested they work with Quicken to post their progress so any updates could be shared through this website (again, not certain that will happen). Please share if you get any further updates.
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Actually just received a call back from DATCU. They explained they are having an issue recreating it but APPEARS to be only an issue with the current Quicken version R43.32. Claim they are in contact with Quicken working to resolve. Again I suggested they report any progress to Quicken for update to this website.
  • Laura V
    Laura V Member
    Options
    9/30 and it's still not working. Still will only allow a manual download via QFX file. Absolutely not acceptable.
  • mckeerw
    mckeerw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just tried it with the current update R44.20. It's still not working as the only option is to connect to DATCU as if I'm creating an entirely new to me account. It will not allow me to use the same account name currently being used in Quicken.
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just chatted with DATCU. Here is the status they provided:

Good morning. DATCU and Intuit are working to resolve the issues that some members are still experiencing with Quicken/QuickBooks. At this time there is no ETA on a fix but hopefully the issues will be resolved soon.

• kestolt
    kestolt Member
    Options
    > @mckeerw said:
    > Just tried it with the current update R44.20. It's still not working as the only option is to connect to DATCU as if I'm creating an entirely new to me account. It will not allow me to use the same account name currently being used in Quicken.

How did you get R44.20? When I click on check for updates my Quicken reports that I already have the latest version of R43.32

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with DATCU on this one, although I have never been impressed with their tech.......
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those mentioning that you only get the opportunity to create a new account - this is because either DATCU's or Quickens servers are not responding to the connection request after you search for DATCU, select it, and  click Next. Quicken's back-end doesn't "see" DATCU, so it offers you to set up a new account since there is no connection to offer. 

• mckeerw
    mckeerw Member ✭✭
    Options
    RE: kestolt @ 0951am. Yep, just checked it again... Version Installed R44.20 (Sept. 2022).
    It came out after this DATCU problem started, but it didn't help our issue.
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DATCU has removed the "up to 5 days" part of their message at https://www.datcu.org/quicken, so no more ETA. Here's the new version:
    Services may be interrupted; please download a QFX/QBO file.

• mckeerw
    mckeerw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Got a "Page not fount" message on the link to the DATCU/Quicken message.
    Also, updated to Quicken Version R44.23 this morning. Still no luck at DATCU w/express web connect
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mckeerw said:
    Got a "Page not fount" message on the link to the DATCU/Quicken message.
    Also, updated to Quicken Version R44.23 this morning. Still no luck at DATCU w/express web connect

I'm also seeing that now. They do have a message about a new website, so maybe that page wasn't part of that. :(

I succumbed to download the transactions in a .QFX file. There were a bunch of duplicates from earlier 'online' downloads so I deleted them and accepted and/or matched new ones only.

• martin99
    martin99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello @martin99 and @lynnmcreary, 
    >
    > I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing these issues with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here in this Quicken Community Discussion. 
    >
    > First, what connection method are you currently using in order to try to connect your accounts?  Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.
    >
    > I hope to hear back from you about this. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

All I see is "Set up Now". And then it directs me to set up a new account. There is no option to reconnect to the existing account.
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Checked with DATCU again this morning, chat and actual conversation, they initially said that the problem has been resolved. Working through the setup with the rep, would agree that instructions have changed slightly at DATCU.ORG/Quicken (to remove the "Financial institution" and "Account Number") from the General Screen, then attempt "Set up Now" from the Online screen again. Still unable to connect with DATCU. After the rep checked further with their technical team, they admitted it's still a problem.
  • martin99
    martin99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Getting tired of importing my transactions every day.
  • lynnmccreary
    lynnmccreary Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have also been in contact with DATCU About to use to no avail. I have been with this institution since 1974 and I’m about to move my accounts. I’m not sure what the issue is but I do not get the sense that the IT department has made this a priority.
This discussion has been closed.