Cannot get a successful update of accounts

For the past couple of weeks I have not been able to get a complete update of my accounts. I have reset & deactivated all my accounts (some multiple times), repaire, validated, super validated my data file and still cannot get through an update without it reporting some account is broken when its not. I fix that account then another pops up. I fix that one then 3 more pop up including the first one. It is getting soooo frustrating. What in the world is it going to take to get a functioning release???

Comments

  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mr.dallen said:
    For the past couple of weeks I have not been able to get a complete update of my accounts. I have reset & deactivated all my accounts (some multiple times), repaire, validated, super validated my data file and still cannot get through an update without it reporting some account is broken when its not. I fix that account then another pops up. I fix that one then 3 more pop up including the first one. It is getting soooo frustrating. What in the world is it going to take to get a functioning release???
    Hello @mr.dallen,  

    I do apologize about these problems with One Step Updates. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

    First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is being stored locally on your computer and not an external hard drive or cloud-based storage service, as the latter can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.
     
    Next, have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article; but this time, try deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

    I look forward to hearing your answer.

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • Data file is stored locally on my C: drive with no type of file sync (DropBox, OneDrive, etc..) in use. I have restarted my computer several times since the problem began. I tried uninstalling and cleaning my system (Program Files (X86), Registry and Temp folders of all Quicken related files and data as suggested. Downloaded a new copy from quicken.com and reinstalled. Performed the first update and it still does not update all accounts correctly. My Ally Bank accounts refuse to update transactions, balances, etc.. I have a Bank of America account which has 2FA and requires a code to be entered. When the update is processing, I get the screen saying some other account e.g.. Wells Fargo, requires a code and I click next and I get the text from Bank of America which is really weird. So I am right back where I started with an unusable product.
  • I was able to resolve this by deactivating all my accounts and deleting my password vault then re-activating all the accounts. Extremely annoying but it looks like something got messed up in the data file but I dont know if an update did it or something else.
This discussion has been closed.