Citibank transactions not downloading

Options
ntallen
ntallen Member ✭✭
My situation seems to be slightly different than the two ongoing Citibank download issues in that I am getting no errors. The transaction record looks as though everything went smoothly, reports the correct current balance, but no transactions were downloaded. Of course the current balance is not recorded anywhere except in the download status. Has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @ntallen

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ntallen
    ntallen Member ✭✭
    Options
    So on a related question, if one-step update is broken, can I download the transactions from Citibank in QFX format and import them to Quicken? I can imagine that would be problematic: perhaps difficult to line up the transactions with the account and also possibly interfere with one-step updates when/if they are fixed.
  • ntallen
    ntallen Member ✭✭
    Options
    I followed the above procedure, and I am now able to download transactions, but there are 92 transactions missing. Is there any way to get those missing transactions automatically loaded? I am not looking forward to the manual entry!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    ntallen said:
    I followed the above procedure, and I am now able to download transactions, but there are 92 transactions missing. Is there any way to get those missing transactions automatically loaded? I am not looking forward to the manual entry!
    Hello @ntallen

Thanks for getting back to us with your results. I am happy to hear that the transactions are now downloading successfully, although I am sorry to hear about these missing transactions. 

I recommend looking through the Support Article linked here - specifically, the section entitled If this is the first time this has happened. Do any of those listed conditions seem to apply?

Let us know more about this if you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ntallen
    ntallen Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, none of those conditions apply. Just before deactivating and reactivating, I tried an update and downloaded 5 recent transactions, but the 92 preceding transactions were not downloaded. After I deactivated and reactivated, no more transactions were downloaded, even though during the process Quicken said it had downloaded something like 280 most recent transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    ntallen said:
    No, none of those conditions apply. Just before deactivating and reactivating, I tried an update and downloaded 5 recent transactions, but the 92 preceding transactions were not downloaded. After I deactivated and reactivated, no more transactions were downloaded, even though during the process Quicken said it had downloaded something like 280 most recent transactions.
    Hello @ntallen

Thanks for reaching out once again to let us know more about the situation. I do apologize that the suggestions from earlier were not able to resolve the issue.

If the transactions that are missing have been found to be dated within the last 90 days and are not in 'pending' on the bank's transaction history, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the information contained in this link. They will be able to troubleshoot and diagnose this problem in greater detail with the tools uniquely available to them.

I hope that helps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.