Updated BoA to EWC+ ... now can't open Quicken file - says in use by another application

Options
9/16/2022 - I followed the instructions to update my BofA to the new connection, EWC+. Now I can't reopen Quicken, I get this message "Quicken can not open the data file because it is in use by another application, such as cloud storage backup. Please close the application or turn off cloud storage sync and try again. Can't find out how to resolve this issue, please advise steps to correct

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9/16/2022 - I followed the instructions to update my BofA to the new connection, EWC+. Now I can't reopen Quicken, I get this message "Quicken can not open the data file because it is in use by another application, such as cloud storage backup. Please close the application or turn off cloud storage sync and try again. Can't find out how to resolve this issue, please advise steps to correct
    Hello @PaulaKorber

I am sorry about this error message that appears subsequent to changing your connection type. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Where is your active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these latter locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I hope to hear back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PaulaKorber said:  Now I can't reopen Quicken, I get this message "Quicken can not open the data file because it is in use by another application, such as cloud storage backup.
    have you closed and re-started Quicken.... or better - shutdown and re-start Windows, and then Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.