Online Banking Service Issues

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Online Balance on multiple accounts is wrong.

Comments

• bascha1
    bascha1 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was required to reauthenticate my accounts with Chase and BofA, the update of accounts is corrupted. My credit card balance is all positive, as the charges are registered in the positive, not as a debit. I will leave Quicken if the problem is not solved!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bascha1 said:
    Ever since I was required to reauthenticate my accounts with Chase and BofA, the update of accounts is corrupted. My credit card balance is all positive, as the charges are registered in the positive, not as a debit. I will leave Quicken if the problem is not solved!
    Hello @bascha1

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for mentioning this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you experiencing these issues with accounts associated with financial institutions other than Chase or Bank of America? Are there additional issues besides a positive valence to your credit account? Are you noticing any error messages after updating your accounts?

I hope to work with you on this issue, after I have some additional information about the problem. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am running into this problem too. I have to restore from a backup to recover. The balances on BOA accounts are all over the place.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xpmurph48 said:
    I am running into this problem too. I have to restore from a backup to recover. The balances on BOA accounts are all over the place.
    Hello @xpmurph48

I do apologize that you seem to be affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for reaching out about this in this Quicken Community thread.

Are you experiencing this problem with non-checking accounts? Have you already changed your accounts' connection methods? Lastly, just so I am clear: is this problem with positive balances continuing in the restored backup file?

I look forward to seeing your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • cphillips7086
    Options
    I haven't even been able to 'reauthorize'. I've asked a question and submitted problem to quicken - but no responses. I have set both of my browsers to allow popups from chase and quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't even been able to 'reauthorize'. I've asked a question and submitted problem to quicken - but no responses. I have set both of my browsers to allow popups from chase and quicken.
    Submitting a problem with Help -> Report a problem, will never result in them responding to you.  It just for getting the information to the Quicken developers so that they can work on problems.

When you need a response/help with a problem directly you should contact Quicken Support:
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bascha1
    bascha1 Member
    Options
    My problem with Chase credit card debits persists. They are entered as positive balances, not debits. In additon, when I run Update for my accounts, since I reautheticated with BoA and Chase, the log does not reflect that the Update is complete. It continues to show 'waiting', even though the transactions were in fact received. bascha1
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bascha1 said:
    My problem with Chase credit card debits persists. They are entered as positive balances, not debits. In additon, when I run Update for my accounts, since I reautheticated with BoA and Chase, the log does not reflect that the Update is complete. It continues to show 'waiting', even though the transactions were in fact received. bascha1
    In general the typical reason debits show up as a positive number in a credit card account is some transaction(s) have made your account balance positive, as in the showing that the financial institution owe you money instead of the other way around.  And the things that tend to be causing that is either duplicate payments or a long standing problem where Quicken changes the opening balance transaction amount.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bascha1
    bascha1 Member
    Options
    When I run Update, the balances are now showing up correctly in my Chase credit card account. However, for both Chase and BofA, in the Update window, the message does not change from 'waiting' to 'complete' even though the Update has in fact been completed.
This discussion has been closed.