Chase updated - no longer can Transfer or Pay Bills

Options
MarcStone
MarcStone Member ✭✭
I have updated my software and have my checking account validated for Quick Pay and Check Pay. I am also on the Web Express Connect + system.

Normally, I pay my credit card by simply initiating a transfer from my checking account to my credit card account. The system no longer allows online transfers between accounts.

I can download transactions such as CC purchases and deposits, but everyday bill payments and transfers MUST be made on Chase's website. I can no longer upload transactions to Chase, only download.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The Chase migration has eliminated any transactions being "uploaded" from Quicken to Chase Bank -
    Therefore, any Transfers or Bill Payments are no longer possible directly to Chase..
    This is due to Chase's decision to drop the Quicken Direct Connect protocol in favor of the newer FDX (EWC+) protocol which does not support the uploading of transactions.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MarcStone
    MarcStone Member ✭✭
    Options
    Unbelievable! So I'm now paying to only download transactions while being forced to work between both the Chase website and Quicken? Time for a new bank. This makes absolutely no sense!
  • Levoy H
    Levoy H SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been looking for one final reason to leave Chase, and this looks like it.  I, too, have for MANY years sent my payments from Quicken to Chase.  I tried to pay my electric bill today just like I've done for a long time and suddenly I can't.  Mind you, I realize Chase is too big to care, and that is a big part of the problem.
This discussion has been closed.