Wrong financial institution displaying

Options
This is how I was able to set up "mysynchrony" for my new Sleep Number account:
When creating a new account in Quicken, type "mysynchrony" as your Financial Institution. A list of accounts under "Other Results" populates the dialog box. I selected the first account -It doesn't matter which one you choose as you can rename it later. As long as the URL "www.mysynchrony.com" shows under the institution listed to the right, it should be able to connect to your account. Continue with the remaining setup instructions.

I have three mysynchrony accounts: Discount Tires, Sleep Number, and Rooms to Go and they all display the financial institution as Guitar Credit Center which is the one I selected to find the mysynchrony account. This causes Quicken to display the financial institution as the same name as the one selected using mysynchrony. i.e. Guitar Credit Center was selected, therefore this is the financial institution that displays on my accounts in Quicken. Is there anyway to correct the financial institution name for each account to Sleep Number, Discount tires and Rooms to Go or just mysynchrony?

Comments

• Jake S
    Jake S Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had a similar problem where Quicken somehow mixed up several accounts such that the updates were directed to the wrong account because they had the wrong financial institution linked to the account (that was previously correct). Since it is not obviously possible to change financial institutions using the edit function, I was able to fix the problem by first disabling the Online Services in those accounts that had the wrong financial institution. Then I set up a new account with a slightly different name (I added "new") to the account name and when Quicken asked for a financial institution, I used the correct one. Then when Quicken asked which account to link it to, I chose the old one from the dropdown menu. The new account was then not added, and the correct financial institution showed in the old account.
This discussion has been closed.