Duplicates 1 account when trying to down load transactions from bank

Options
I have one checking account in quicken let's call it My Checking Account". When I download transactions another account is shown on the accounts column called "Regular Checking". How do I set up the downloads to go into "My Checking Account"? yes in the account column, Regular checking has a little red flag next to it, My checking Account" doesn't not have that red flag. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Doug_99

It sounds like your "My Checking Account" is not connected (i.e. it has been setup as a manual account" and when you enabled the downloading function with your bank - you did not "connect" your "My Checking Account" but instead had Quicken add a new account to your Quicken datafile.

I would suggest that you simply move whatever transactions you manually entered in the "My Checking Account" to the "Regular Checking" account.  And then delete the "My Checking Account".  Once you've completely move all the transactions to the "Regular Checking" account, you can delete that account from Quicken and then rename the "Regular Checking" account to "My Checking Account".

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.