EWC+ Downloading transaction issue

Options
Randalllind
Randalllind Member ✭✭
I converted from DC to EWC+ now it is downloading the same transactions I have listed instead of just putting an R next to the listed transaction. So now I have to spend my time double-checking for dups and deleting them. Someone needs to fix this.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I converted from DC to EWC+ now it is downloading the same transactions I have listed instead of just putting an R next to the listed transaction. So now I have to spend my time double-checking for dups and deleting them. Someone needs to fix this.
    Hello @Randalllind

I do apologize about this problem with reconciliation and possible transaction duplication. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are the transactions being duplicated within the register? Is this occurring in accounts associated with Chase, or Bank of America, or some other financial institution altogether?

I look forward to your answers and hope to provide further assistance once I know more about the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Randalllind
    Randalllind Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, they are and it is BOA. I was -117 yesterday and I had to go delete a dup to t-mobile and another bill from last month.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, they are and it is BOA. I was -117 yesterday and I had to go delete a dup to t-mobile and another bill from last month.
    Hello @Randalllind

I am sorry about these issues with duplicating transactions. Thank you for getting back to me with more information about what's happening.

First, how did you go about the cutover for your accounts - did you make use of the 'work flow' method or did you deactivate your accounts? Secondly, are the duplicates proceeding back in time further than 90 days? Lastly, let us know if you are seeing any changes in the Downloaded ID column with the duplicate transactions, or the Downloaded Payee Name. Knowing this will help us investigate this issue further.

I am eager to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Randalllind
    Randalllind Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got the popup after I did it. I googled how to do it and found a close post that said to deactivate then add a new account and merge it with the old one. This is how I did it, I have backups since 2017 so making changes to Quicken is something I don't do, I used to just back up when I need to reinstall Windows, Now I am trying to do it every time transactions are updated.
This discussion has been closed.