I have several credit card accounts - when I try to update only one, it updates all

Options
Serkes
Serkes Member
I have several credit card accounts - when I try to update only one, it updates all

This has become a problem because I've set up 2 Factor Authorization on several accounts, and by the time I get the 6 digit passcode from the bank, Quicken is on to the next credit card and I have no way to enter the passcode.

It seems that Update Selected Account should only update one, rather than all.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

PS - From time to time Quicken does wait for me to enter the code before going to the next card.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Update Selected Account only works that way for Direct Connect accounts, and even then it will update all accounts at the same bank. If the account is Quicken Connect, then triggering an update on one will also trigger an update on ALL Quicken Connect accounts. That's the way it's built and there's no way to change it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Serkes
    Serkes Member
    Options
    Thanks - that makes sense.

I actually have a different need - I might want to update Citibank or Capital One, and when I'm within Citibank, when I try to update only that account, it updates that Citibank, Capital One and any other Bank I have a card with.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Select an account in the sidebar then click menu Accounts > Settings. In the Settings window, click on the Downloads tab. Look what it says next to "Connection Type". If it says "Quicken Connect", then when you download this account, EVERY account that also says "Quicken Connect" will be downloaded at the same time. For Quicken Connect, if one downloads, they all do.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.