I no longer get an online balance from Citibank.

Options
scott9
scott9 Member ✭✭
After these last few version updates, the downloads with the financial accounts is a disaster. In several cases, I was able to correct by de-activating the online service and re-activating.
DO at first, my Citibank online balance was wrong and I kept getting the message that "there are no uncleared transactions" when I tried to reconcile. So, I de-activated the account and re-started. Went well on that . but now I no longer have an online balance at all! All I seem to do the last several weeks is try to keep my quicken correct. I have been using Quicken since Version 1 and now I wonder if it is worth it.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scott9 said:
    After these last few version updates, the downloads with the financial accounts is a disaster. In several cases, I was able to correct by de-activating the online service and re-activating.
    DO at first, my Citibank online balance was wrong and I kept getting the message that "there are no uncleared transactions" when I tried to reconcile. So, I de-activated the account and re-started. Went well on that . but now I no longer have an online balance at all! All I seem to do the last several weeks is try to keep my quicken correct. I have been using Quicken since Version 1 and now I wonder if it is worth it.
    Hello @scott9

I do apologize about this problem with online banking issues. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • scott9
    scott9 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Thanks,
    I have several accounts with the same problem. Chase, Citibank, Synchrony and local credit union. All use Express WEB connect except Synchrony Bank (Lowes CC) that uses Web Connect. For Chase, I have gone through the process several times to link the accounts with the new connection. All seems successful, except I see no difference in the connection type or this problem.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited September 2022
    Options
    scott9 said:
    Hi Thanks,
    I have several accounts with the same problem. Chase, Citibank, Synchrony and local credit union. All use Express WEB connect except Synchrony Bank (Lowes CC) that uses Web Connect. For Chase, I have gone through the process several times to link the accounts with the new connection. All seems successful, except I see no difference in the connection type or this problem.
    Hello @scott9

Thanks so much for getting back to me about this with more information about the situation. I do apologize that this is continuing, and affecting accounts associated with these institutions.

Currently, there are Open Alerts regarding Chase and Citibank I would like to make note of that could potentially be related, and you can follow a few of those in threads linked here, here, and here

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Synchrony Bank (Lowe's branded) accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error message occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • scott9
    scott9 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That worked perfectly. So now, how do I resolve it for my actual file? No difference there.
  • scott9
    scott9 Member ✭✭
    Options
    By the way, I don't get an error ode on synchronization. Just none of these accounts update the online balance.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    scott9 said:
    By the way, I don't get an error ode on synchronization. Just none of these accounts update the online balance.
    Hello @scott9

I do apologize that the source of the problem remains somewhat unclear, although I thank you for continuing to work with me on this issue.

First, navigate back to your original data file by going to File > Open Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then - once you have located and opened your old file - save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, and try making use of the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know whether or not anything changes following this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • scott9
    scott9 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, yes, I had tried that before but just repeated the process. No change.
This discussion has been closed.