Quicken isn't downloading bill pay from Chase like it use to

Options
Tina C
Tina C Member ✭✭
Payments entered directly into Chase Bill pay scheduled for future dates are not downloading to Quicken. Since Quicken began downloading bank transactions, pending future payments were always downloaded immediately, not when the payment cleared Chase.

Answers

• Tina C
    Tina C Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken not downloading bill pay from Chase bank
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Direct Connect, no syncing of bills.  Express Web Connect + only downloads transactions and the online balance.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cawatts
    cawatts Member ✭✭
    Options
    I see the same issue. It really hinders the usefulness of the program. Any work arounds out there?
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @cawatts said:
    > I see the same issue. It really hinders the usefulness of the program. Any work arounds out there?

Create a memorized payee and manually enter the payment at it's future date. When the payment clears and downloads, it will match your manual transaction. Works for me with BoA.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep just like when writing a check and manually entering transaction into register.  Once cleared the downloaded transaction will match.  Or if problems with downloads persists, you manually reconcile with monthly bank statement.

Does set Quicken back to older days of limited or no online download features.  Will happen to all financial institutions as they eliminate DirectConnect and change over to EWC+.
  • Diane S
    Diane S Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information, I didn't know the change was due to WebConnect. This is a real setback for the tool, and I assume any other similar tool.
This discussion has been closed.