What is going on with quicken?

Options
Jeff7777
Jeff7777 Member
I am a 20+ year user of Quicken and have never had this much trouble. My accounts are all messed up.

-Balances are not transferring between accounts.
-The blue line is gone in the checking register.
-It will not match transactions downloaded from the bank account unless I restart 3 times.

HELP!!!

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeff7777 said:
    I am a 20+ year user of Quicken and have never had this much trouble. My accounts are all messed up.

-Balances are not transferring between accounts.
    -The blue line is gone in the checking register.
    -It will not match transactions downloaded from the bank account unless I restart 3 times.

HELP!!!
    Hello @Jeff7777,        

I am sorry to hear about these issues with transfers, odd User Interface behaviors, and difficulties with downloading transactions.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service. These locations can cause erratic program behavior or even data damage. 

Are you noticing difficulties with account downloads across multiple accounts and financial institutions?

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jeff7777
    Options
    Quicken Jared,

I checked and the data file is on my computer. I do back up to the cloud but it is stored on my computer.

Just a lot of weird stuff happening ... for example .. right now the balance for my savings in the account column is wrong. The blue line comes and goes. Transferring between accounts in quicken .. sometimes works and other times doesn't.

-Jeff
  • whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Steps to take if you have issues, in order of difficulty.  If after one step, it doesnt fix the problem, go to the next one. Make sure you back up your file before you start!
    1) Validate your account (is it a corrupted quicken file?)
    2) Supervalidate your account (is it a really corrupted quicken file?)
    3) run chksdk on your windows to see if you have a corrupted disk.  If it reports no issue and no repair go to the next step. If it reports an issue and it successfully repaired it, note that for later.
    3) Delete your quicken app.  a) from windows, remove app b) manually remove all the version of quicken files.  You can do a search how to do this.  Its a pain because it has to be done manually.  Otherwise you will get errors when you reinstall.  c) Reinstall quicken to the latest version from the web if you have a subscription, otherwise install from your media.   d) update to latest quicken version  (Is it a corrupted quicken installation?) 
    4) If there was disk damage that was repaired with chkdsk, and step 3 didnt fix it, you may have a corrupted quicken data file.  Find a backup that was made before you started having funny stuff happening and see if that also is weird with the new installtion of quicken
    5) Make sure you have a complete backup of your quicken data files and backups on an external media. Copy them to a USB stick or disk.  Reinstall windows from scratch.  reinstall quicken.

I had strange things happening to my quicken that caused it to crash often.  It got worse, I went through all these steps.  Only when I did step 5 did it get fixed.

• JosephLuszcz
    JosephLuszcz Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Speculation/Rant/Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.