Transferring accounts from TD to Schwab

Options
Phil
Phil Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I am planning to transfer 5 accounts (trust and IRAs) from TD to Schwab. I remember the chaos during the Scottrade to TD transfer and I want to avoid that this time. Can you please provide instructions on shutting down TD accounts and setting up the Schwab accounts... and downloading too?

Thanks!

Answers

• dhammon5
    dhammon5 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just re-started Quicken after a several year absence. Schwab/Quicken automatically downloaded 90 days of transactions - but now, according to what I'm finding and just posted about - their interface is gone. They both have millions of customers and have allowed interfaces for decades. I am at a loss for words - other than I hope I am entirely wrong. I have contacted both Schwab and Quicken several times, and all I'm getting is that I have to manually enter transactions. I hope someone can set me straight!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dhammon5 said: I just re-started Quicken after a several year absence. Schwab/Quicken automatically downloaded 90 days of transactions - but now, according to what I'm finding and just posted about - their interface is gone.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "interface" ?
    Our Schwab is working fine.... they went thru a major Quicken protocol migration a little while ago, which removed the "Direct Connect" protocol, and replaced it with EWC+.... along with a required one time visit to the Schwab online website to "authorize" Quicken for access and downloading

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.