How should a SDBA (Self Directed Brokerage Account) attached to a 401(k) be setup?

Options
BJB
BJB Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Greetings.

If there is an SDBA that is an option within a 401(k) plan and both are run as different accounts and different brokers. So each has separate downloads and not linked in Quicken. Would Quicken complain if the SDBA is changed to tax-deferred/401(k) via that convert function? So there would be two 401(k)'s now? Certainly more appropriate than brokerage account. I am concerned as this SDBA is already linked online and downloads work. So if by changing it Quicken changes something I am hesitant. I know it only impacts some tax reports and groupings I don't use but since I was cleaning up my investment account setup figured I would check.
Thanks.
BJB

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make a backup or copy of your file and try it. It should work, but if it doesn't, you have a fallback.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• BJB
    BJB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I have had a few Quicken issues so unless someone has done this recently and can confirm, I think I will just live with the categorization from now. When converted to an IRA someday I can just convert it to that I guess?

Thanks to another longtime Quicken user :)
This discussion has been closed.