Problems installing expired Quicken Q2019 on new hardware (am located in India)

Options
Rajan
Rajan Member, Windows Beta Beta
I have recently changed hardware and now I am trying to install Quicken on this hardware and I am getting blank screen which does not go away. I have correctly installed and patched Quicken to the last subscription version that I am allowed to use. My subscription ended in November 2019. I am trying to use the same data file as well. I have tried one solution that I found to solve the problem (using control key and then clicking validate file to force authentication block) but there also I get authentication block but do not have any chance to enter username or password. I just want to use same data file and last allowed Quicken version as per my subscription on new hardware. I do not want to spend $$$ to subscribe as I use only register to enter my transactions and nothing else. Thanks in advance. I have tried chatting with customer support but the answer that I got was that I will need to buy new subscription as my program version is very old.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you outside the US or Canada?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Rajan
    Options
    Yes, I am in India. I am using Quicken since last 10 years. My last paid subscription for Quicken ended in October or November 2019. I use it only as a transaction register (I enter transactions manually) and for reports. I do not use any online services for accessing bank or financial institution accounts as such services are not applicable/available for Indian banks and financial institutions.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    Have you tried using a VPN to a US server?
  • Rajan
    Options
    Greg_the_Geek, can you elaborate your answer a bit? I am not exactly sure to which US server I should VPN.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    I've just read posts from users outside the US that they able to get into Quicken using a VPN to a US server. I believe that had to try various ones to find one that worked. Have you tried Quicken Customer Support?
  • Rajan
    Options
    Yes, I had chat with customer support whose only solution was that I should buy/renew subscription as my Quicken program version is too old. I told her about lifetime data access guarantee (I am using Quicken Deluxe) and told her that I am using same data file and same last Quicken version which I am authorized to use when my subscription ended. Only change is that I am now on different hardware. Despite telling this, she said that only solution that she can give is that I should buy new subscription. Hence I have put my query in Quicken Community. I hope that someone will be able to suggest me a solution.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    Since you're outside the US or Canada, I'm not sure what Quickens Data Access Guarantee says. I would suggest contacting Customer Support again and asking that your issue be escalated.
  • Rajan
    Options
    Ok. I will once again try with customer support and if there is any positive update, I will update on this forum. Thanks for your help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you followed these instructions to install Quicken on your new computer and then "downlevel" it to the release available on or before your subscription expiration date: https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has
  • Rajan
    Options
    Yes, UKR. I have followed these instructions but my problem was not solved. I can install Quicken to the last version which I am allowed to use as per my subscription expiration date. However, when I open the (same) data file, it shows me data briefly and then apparenrly it is trying to show me validation block asking for username and password but instead I get blank screen or if I "force" validation block using the technique suggested somewhere else that is holding control key and then clicking File Operations -->validate, I do get validation block but I can't enter anything there.
This discussion has been closed.