How do I get Quicken 2016 on a new computer?

Options
Randall Jay
Randall Jay Member
I currently run Quicken 2016 on a Windows 10 Surface Pro. I would like to upgrade to a new Surface Pro which runs Windows 11. My main concern is getting Quicken on the new machine. I From reading all the community threads out there, it seems impossible to get 2016 out there, and it seems I have to upgrade to a subscription account with all the things I do not use. I don’t not have an installable .EXE to put 2016 on the new machine. The only download link in my Quicken account is for the newest version. It seems to me, from what I have read, I am screwed…

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if you had the installable .EXE to put 2016 on the new machine, you would not be able to sign-in to Quicken. It seems that Quicken has discontinued support for pre-subscription versions of Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Hines
    Hines Member
    Options
    new computer need to download quicken
  • Randall Jay
    Options
    Thanks, but you can no longer download Quicken 2010.
  • Randall Jay
    Options
    Correction: Thanks, but you can no longer download Quicken 2016
  • daddio
    daddio Member
    Options
    I re-installed Quicken 2016 on my Windows 10 pc. Unfortunately, Quicken 2016 would not allow me to utilize the QDF file. Quicken 2016 opened the file, but the dashboard was a white blank screen. The Quicken 2016 menu only displayed File: new, open, and validate.

If I clicked on new, I could not start a new file.

If I clicked on open, the file opened file but dashboard did not display.

If I clicked on validate and checked Validate file, Quicken displayed the dashboard, and the dashboard looked okay. However, the file validation never ended, and Quicken was effectively locked up.

Consequently, Quicken 2016 would not work.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems that Quicken has discontinued support for pre-subscription versions of Quicken. You would need your old version of Quicken.ini.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.