Quicken - Janus Henderson - won't accept pasword ?

Options
Quicken will not accept my password for Janus Henderson. I can sign in online there with the exact same user name and password (cut and pasted into Quicken as it is on the web site) but Quicken always says it is the wrong password. There is nothing I can find on the Janus site about Quicken. This problem started after a recent Quicken update.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does your password have any special chars - and how long is it ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Alan Edelman
    Options
    Quicken says the password can only be 8 characters, Janus says the minimum is 10 characters. Another new low for Quicken, just when you thought it couldn't possibly be any worse, dumber and more incompetently programmed.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken says the password can only be 8 characters, Janus says the minimum is 10 characters. 
    Where or how is Quicken saying 8-chars ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Alan Edelman
    Options
    Update: spent some lovely time with Quicken support. They don't have a clue why this is happening; they blame me but it only started after a recent Quicken "update" so can't be me since I didn't do anything except let Quicken update itself. I can have Janus and Quicken both open, sign in and out of Janus but the same pw is rejected by Quicken. Today Quicken will not put up the box that says the pw needs to be 8 characters (it came up yesterday whenever I tried to enter the correct password by typing or cutting/pasting in the "update pw" dialogs) but Quicken still won't sign in to Janus. And yes, I have even changed user name/pw but Quicken rejects everything. I can't believe I've put up with Quicken since they sold it in a box at Costco, so that's on me.
This discussion has been closed.