HOWTO: CheckPay and account reconciliation

Options
Norman Drews
Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
Hello,

Occasionally I reconcile my local account balance with that present online at my bank. I expect them to match. However ever since I began using CheckPay my "Balance" numbers are off, and I need to manually (mental math) account for the discrepancy CheckPay appears to be causing me. 

I tried to sort my Posted Date but that throws the "Balance" off even more because not every transaction has a posted date.

I can't go to the individual reconciled CheckPay register transactions because it says to cancel the payment when I try to modify the "Date" field. I could forgo using CheckPay for these few payees and go back to using Chase Bank (or the payee sites directly).

Anyone else experience this and know of how to work with this behavior? 

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The current implementation of Check Pay draws check against your Checking account. For the time it takes the check to be mailed to the biller, to be cashed and cleared from your bank account, you need to NOT mark the register transaction as reconciled. Don't even mark it "c"(cleared), because it's still in limbo.
    While in the reconciliation dialog, do not mark the check. Skip it. That will make the balance discrepancy go away.
This discussion has been closed.