Can two different Quicken Products run on the same computer

RLRivera
RLRivera Member
I have the Deluxe product for my personal use. My friend is trying to get her business set up with the Business / Personal product and I wanted to help her. Will I be able to download her product on to my PC with out it conflicting with what I am already using. During the install I had Quicken Deluxe running in the background and I received a message to close it before installing.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The most recently installed edition of Quicken will over-write the previous edition.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    If you both have ACTIVE subscriptions to Quicken, you don't need to have two versions installed, you can do what you want with the single installation.
    Your friend would have to entrust you with her Quicken Id/Password (QID) so that you could go to Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id and log in with their QID on your computer.  Doing so would turn on the Home & Business features that are already there.
    Now, if I were doing this, I would create a dummy data file with nothing in it to make the QID change in.  Doing it that way, when you open their data file, the ID is already set to their ID and by reversing that process to use the dummy file to change back to your ID, then there will not be any questions raised when you open your data file.
    Just always go thru the dummy file when changing QIDs and you should be okay.

NOTE-ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS EVERY TIME YOU ARE FINISHED WORKING WITH A FILE BEFORE CHANGING THE QID.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP THEM FOR LONG OR THAT MANY, BUT YOU NEED THEM FOR SAFETY'S SAKE.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.